Return of the North American Wii Virtual Console?

dhowerter

We are Tracking Youze!,
Oh yeah, the Wii VC continues to kick butt with a TON of Neo! ^_^

And since everyone is doing it :

Come on Pulstar! (and heck, lets complete the MS set with Metal Slug 5!)

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
What da ya think will happen with the VC when the whole Neogeo library is published on it?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Once the WiiU pick up the pace, they'll probably decommission the VC. The newest model Wii-mini released in Canada without internet connectivity is quite telling of their plans.

valgalder

Kula's Candy
yeah, this new age of gaming sucks.. pay for downloadable content / games, then get fucked once the services are shut down.

mjs256

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
World Heroes 2 Jet is now available for download. I think they are planning to have VC compatibility on the WiiU...

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
Is the VC still able to sell a good amount of games... ?
I don't see anyone buying games throught it anymore...

FrancisGC

n00b
Once the WiiU pick up the pace, they'll probably decommission the VC. The newest model Wii-mini released in Canada without internet connectivity is quite telling of their plans.

Isn't the virtual console available on the Wii U as well as the Wii, or am I mistaken?

It'd be nice if they put more of an effort into the service, though.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Isn't the virtual console available on the Wii U as well as the Wii, or am I mistaken?

It'd be nice if they put more of an effort into the service, though.

It is still available through the Wii Menu on the Wii U.

My biggest fear is when Nintendo properly launches the Virtual Console for Wii U they will start caring about what is released again. They'll probably go back to weekly instead of bi-weekly and 2-3 at a time.

D4 releasing Neo games likely won't be the only show in town anymore.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Sengoku dropped last Thursday. Seems like the Wii VC and the Wii U VC are separate entities for now.

Hellraizah

World Soccer '96
Sengoku 3 for american Wii VC tomorrow. Can't be happier! Well, I could, but Mark Of The Wolves never came out to this day.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Is Sengoku 3 any good ? I never played that one.

It's fun but not nearly as good as 2. Very tedious at times with enemies that never seem to die and not a whole lot of variety to them. Other graphics were a step up from the previous ones but on the whole it's not one I go back to with friends as much as the others.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's made for combo, so even normal enemies have a ton of health.

mjs256

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
It looks like there have been some changes to the Wii Virtual Console recently. The two most recent Wii VC games listed on their website are KOF 99 and Sengoku, and now it is calling them "Nintendo eShop: Classic Games for Wii" instead of "Virtual Console: Classic Games for Wii" like it says for earlier releases. Incidentally, the Wii-U virtual console releases are called "Nintendo eShop: Wii-U Downloads" if anyone cares. Supposedly, the Wii-U can download and play Wii VC titles when it is running in "Wii mode" whatever that is. It does not say anything about Sengoku 3, but maybe they just haven't updated the website yet.