RetroVGS + Coleco = Chameleon?!

sparksterz

Camel Slug
http://www.retrovgs.com/press.html

Trabuco Canyon, CA (PR) December 17, 2015 Video-game industry pioneer COLECO re-enters the market, partnering with Retro Video Game Systems, Inc., to introduce a new, modern-day video-game system called the COLECO Chameleon.

COLECO Chameleon is a versatile new video-game system that serves as a modern day take on the classic game console and will accurately play classic games from the past. The COLECO Chameleon also has the ability play brand-new games in the 8-, 16- and 32-bit styles, a growing and popular genre in today痴 game scape.

Chris Cardillo, a partner in COLECO said, "Mark [Thomann] and I are excited to work hand-in-hand with Retro Video Game Systems, Inc. in the launch of the COLECO Chameleon. It's ironic that a new 喪etro video-game system would actually revolutionize and revitalize the COLECO brand."

And, for the first time in nearly 20 years, the COLECO Chameleon will once again play brand new games on long-lasting, durable cartridges that can be played, traded, and collected for a lifetime. And all game cartridges will include high quality, plastic clamshell cases with illustrated instruction manuals and game developer liner notes.

Retro Video Game Systems, Inc. President Mike Kennedy adds, 典he COLECO Chameleon is a love-letter to all the classic cartridge based gaming systems that came before it and we love the fact it will succeed COLECO痴 successful Telstar and Colecovision product lines. It will take gamers and their families back to a simpler time where games were all about great gameplay and fun factor.

The COLECO Chameleon will launch in early 2016 and will also be demonstrated at Toy Fair New York 2016, February 13-16.

I have a hard time believing what I just read...but it seems that someone thought it was worth the money even with the paper motherboards!

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Does this mean coleco carts are going to start being bought up by the flippers?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Ok, it's a love letter that will take me back to a simpler time (what ever that is supposed to mean... and play) - but more importantly: what color will it be? Can I preorder a very rare one in pink for $1000 extra?

WupWuh

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I was holding out for an even worse version of this console to be announced, but it is pretty hard not to jump on this one.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I would need to see a demo with at least a mouse moving something to know it's legit.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Pretty ambitious timeline, having something to demo in 2 months. It seems Kennedy still hasn't learned his lesson about realistic goals and timelines.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
nice idea, but im pretty sure just an "idea" is all it will remain...

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Mike Kennedy is an idiot who only cares about money. In one interview he said his magazine is collectible because the cover on every issue is different. As opposed to other magazines that use the same cover on every issue? I'm surprised he would even announce this after the Retro VGS was proven to be nothing more than lies.