Retroldtech 5” LCD Sony mini-PVM

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Retroldtech 5” LCD Mini Sony PVM Monitor Replica

3D Printed, hand crafted and fully assembled replica of a Sony PVM monitor with a 5″ LCD Screen, Stereo sound, speakers and HDMI, AV RCA and VGA Inputs.
  • Orders will be open up until the available units last or the 31st October 2023, whichever happens earlier
  • Shipping on the 15th January 2024

Technical specs: Inputs:
HDMI / VGA / AV RCA

Screen:
LCD TFT 5” 640×480 resolution.
60Hz Frame Rate

Audio:
2x5W Speakers
Audio amplifier 2x3W with knob wheel for volume control (and ON/OFF).
Volume can also be controlled through the LCD driver board, however that would only affect the audio when using the HDMI input.
RCA Audio input independent from the LCD Driver board, so you can input audio while using the AV and VGA inputs.

Remote controller for the LCD Screen Driver Board included (1x CR2032 Battery not included).

Power requirements:
5v Micro USB power for the audio amplifier (not included).
12v +2A for the LCD drived board is required (not included).

Last edited:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
you need an official "goob news" tag on your profile, I'd never know about this stupid shit otherwise

edit: you know I thought I was being too harsh on this and that it kinda looked cute until I found the price for it:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
€565.00

Burning Fight!!

10 Year Member
btw according to the guy's page everything is glued in drakon style. for that price point he could not even be bothered to mount in stuff properly. time to preorder 3

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Raph4 definitely needs 'terrible retrogaming newscaster' on profile

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
For the price of this, you could buy a real 5" Sony PVM 5041Q, with composite and RGB inputs.
Probably also could get a 6" or 8".

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
The monitor is smaller than the Dreamcast which is already small. Seems to me it’s a novelty just like those mini desktop arcades moe is crazy for.

Burning Fight!!

10 Year Member
It's literally just a $10 LCD screen, a $10 LCD driver (I saw the exact thing they're using on aliexpress), a Drakon amount of glue sticks, less than $50 in 3d printer fillaments and some hobby paint. Whoever pays that much money for it is a goob of the highest order