Retroblox modular retro console

SmaMan

Cheng's Errand Boy
If anyone's interested, they recently gave an interview to Nintendolife: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._retroblox_the_clone_console_to_rule_them_all

Takeaways:
Will run on Linux architecture
Will support Sega CD, TGCD, and PS1 discs at launch
Working with Hitachi LG Data Services to make disk drive firmware run more closely to retro counterparts. (i.e. slower speed)
CD/cart based games will be able to be dumped into internal memory/SD card
No copyrighted BIOS will ship. Licensing a possibility

They also promise "deep" compatibility through their hybrid emulation method. They stopped just short of saying 100%, and even with the process explained, who knows how this will actually work until it's launched!

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Lol petedorr, I liked when he asked for money for a camera iirc when he had a really expensive sonic wine glass and other shit.

And of course he is a sonic fag.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Not sure where it ultimately ended up...I just thought that things that won't load like ST-V games and such, was because of not having enough ram onboard.

Nah man. To this day emulation of ST-V and Saturn is not too great, even on a top of the line PC. No chance an OG Xbox would be able to emulate either of those systems well. Does not matter the amount of RAM.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
That loser pulled the do you know how I am crap? Seriously? Anyone on youtube doing that who hasn't broken into a higher form of media is just full of sniffing their own farts. The most interesting thing from that douche is the Bomberman plushie in that dumb pic with the R-Zone.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
The more I see that image, this came to mind and it's a pretty good fit.

GEICO_Cavemen.jpg

It's so easy, even he can do it.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
of course bloodycelt makes a weird thousand-year-old insecure joke about a loveable childrens' show host being a child molester instead of himself

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
hybrid emulation. that's some good marketing for "FPGA and emulators" despite saying it's not.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
hybrid emulation as a term is a marketing gimmick

i would actually hope that all or most modern facets of technology are at least in some way definitively "modular" too.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
The world needs a easy ram upgrade & 240p breakout-box for OG Xbox, more than Retroblox.

You can play disk versions of games, in the emus loaded on a Xbox.

Only downside of current rawmboxx is the interlacing, and the games that don't run under OEM ram.

Or you could just softmod a Wii RVL-001.