Retro Gamer magazine's terrible Metal Slug feature --reviewed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Now we lie in wait for the trumpet of the White Knights to sound.

I vote for a title change for all of them that have come onto the boards in the last few days. "Sir Stu's White Knights" :vik: sounds good, or one of the Merry Minstrels.

Anyhoo, I picked up the last copy at my local Boarders, so I'm going to read it tonight and judge for myself if all of this bullshit was justified.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Also, on the RG wiki, Stu is referred to as "Stuart 'The Hut' Campbell.'

This begs the question: since we've been told that the picture we've all seen of him is 15 years old, is it possible he doesn't have a recent pic up on his 'about me' page of his site because he has grown to Hut proportions? Could he have spent the last several years feasting on chip shop food and ballooned to the size of a Macy's Day parade float? One can only hope so.

Of course, I could be wrong, since I don't claim to be the 'definitive' source about the prick. What say you all?

Anyhoo, I picked up the last copy at my local Boarders, so I'm going to read it tonight and judge for myself if all of this bullshit was justified.

Scans, plz.

Last edited:

Praise the Lard

Sieger's Squire
I vote for a title change for all of them that have come onto the boards in the last few days. "Sir Stu's White Knights" :vik: sounds good, or one of the Merry Minstrels.

Whats wrong with The Stuart Campbell Defense & Damage Control Force? :(

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Also, on the RG wiki, Stu is referred to as "Stuart 'The Hut' Campbell.'

This begs the question: since we've been told that the picture we've all seen of him is 15 years old, is it possible he doesn't have a recent pic up on his 'about me' page of his site because he has grown to Hut proportions? Could he have spent the last several years feasting on chip shop food and ballooned to the size of a Macy's Day parade float? One can only hope so.

Of course, I could be wrong, since I don't claim to be the 'definitive' source about the prick. What say you all?

I really don't care what he looks like.

Hell knows we here at ng.com (Mushiki excluded) aren't exactly studs.

Steve

The Wonder Years,
http://s2.zetaboards.com/worldofstuart/topic/5049954/2/

licking his wounds, he retreats back to his followers

From the mouth of Stu:

The IP thing is super-weird. Firstly, nobody noticed this apparently glaringly obvious ruse for 28 pages, even though nearly all the twats are mods who could see IPs on every post. Secondly, they didn't even bother making the post numbers add up on their fake screenshot. Thirdly, they chose to pull the stunt exactly at the point where, to my embarrassment, someone finally HAD actually found a minor factual error in the piece, which promptly got forgotten. And fourthly, the guy who "discovered" the IP thing then made a post so inexplicably weird about Nazca - in which he actually quotes me totally not saying anything even slightly akin to what he claims that I've said - that it smacks of an attempt to distract attention from the dodgy screenshot. I've finally given up, as you can't wade through a swamp without getting muddy. But man, these guys make NTSC-UK look rational and balanced.

Wow, he finally gave up. And apparently he is a "gotta-have-the-last-say" guy according to those who know him "better than we do."

NG.com just took one step closer towards IMMORTALITY! [/Gorilla Monsoon]

The funny thing too is, his "you can't wade through a swamp without getting muddy" quote. It's hilarious he doesn't realize it was HIS attitude and decision making that led to this muddy swamp as he puts it. He's the one who shot himself in the foot. He's the one who dumped mud on his own head. Either he refuses to admit that, or blindly thinks he did nothing wrong (almost feel sorry for him in a way if it's the latter -- ALMOST).

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
You know this board is full of bad-asses when pussies complain about us on other sites.

Hey Stu, thanks for taking your bloody vag and heading out the nearest exit. 41 years old, Jesus, that's pathetic.

At least we know you don't have a family to spend time with over the weekend. Your 200 posts here, 300 on your site, and whispering to squirrels all weekend tells us that just wouldn't be possible.

Thanks for not reproducing. Not by choice I'm sure, but thanks anyway.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Bad-ass, they posted the pic of me playing Steel Battalion in a beer-box helmet over in their thread. lol, they still think I'm a real journalist.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Bad-ass, they posted the pic of me playing Steel Battalion in a beer-box helmet over in their thread. lol, they still think I'm a real journalist.

OMG HE MUST BE A LUZAR THEN IF HE HAS T3H BOX ON HIS HEAD!

Dimwits, the lot of them.

Praise the Lard

Sieger's Squire
So Stu is over there trying to convince people that his claim here that the sceen was photoshoped was actually only referring to the post count in the screenshot of matching IPs?? :lolz: Does it get any more pathetic? Christ.

Who wants to bet the only reason he even put the topic on his own board in the first place is for preemptive damage control, so he could pass off his egomaniacal tirade as something he did on purpose?

This guy reaches lows I'd never thought possible. Amazing.

Last edited:

striderpunk

Member # 6311,
Since Stu hates our rampant use of Photoshop, I figured I might as well continue these abuses.

RevandEdge.jpg

I demand further editing

1025_kid_getty.jpg

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
highly doubt Retro Gamer will lose any readers, considering British people who are into game mags probably know Stuart and his persona. it won't be surprising to them the way he acted here, and honestly it's not that big a deal.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
To save me trawling through the last 13 odd pages can I still have that list of PROPER factual errors please and not anything relating to what the individual in question felt should have been in the article?
Here you are going on about factual errors. Just get someone who knows the games they're writing about next time. You got someone who sat around playing ports for one week. Get someone who knows these games. There are at least ten people here who could have done a decent job of it.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
This begs the question: since we've been told that the picture we've all seen of him is 15 years old, is it possible he doesn't have a recent pic up on his 'about me' page of his site because he has grown to Hut proportions?

Jabba the Hutt or Pizza Hut?

Steve

The Wonder Years,
"All Growed Up"? LOL... grown, motherfuckers, GROWN!

So Stu is over there trying to convince people that his claim here that the sceen was photoshoped was actually only referring to the post count in the screenshot of matching IPs?? :lolz: Does it get any more pathetic? Christ.

This guy reaches lows I'd never thought possible. Amazing.

$100 says Stu's logged out of this forum and viewing this topic from now on as a "guest" -- LOL. Probably SamMadeUpName too and any other cronies Stuart had, including EdgeofHeaven. Oh wait, EoH wasn't a crony, he's "the Great Reverend" Stu himself :tickled:

tony starks

Starks is always out.
Ah well Stupot fucked himself in the ass :lolz:
Who here buys Retrogamer let alone printed videogame magazines anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.