resistance online problems. help?

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
I bought this game on Monday and so far have been unable to play it online. Every time I click on Online Play within 0.5 seconds a black screen pops up saying: Network not found. Disconnecting from network. Seems that others have had this problem since Jan. 07, but they were able to connect after a few tries, not so with me.

I tried tekken 5 and puzzle fighter and I can play online. Browser works. Demos download.

My ps3 is online wirelessly and I changed my router settings so that it's upnp enabled and nat2.

Looks like I might have to sell this game after I beat the single player:crying:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Check your network settings, do a network connection test, does it say NAT type '2' or '3'?

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
kernow said:
Check your network settings, do a network connection test, does it say NAT type '2' or '3'?

It use to say type 3, until I enabled upnp in the router.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
nattype2-ps3.jpg

check if these ports are being forwarded to your ps3, and open

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
ah I didn't see you could already get online, hmm , try deleting the game data file for it and remaking it.. maybe

:spock:

also make sure resistance is patched as a couple came out I think, try another online disc based game to see if that works perfectly.. I dunno motorstorm(wank) or something like that.

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
kernow said:
ah I didn't see you could already get online, hmm , try deleting the game data file for it and remaking it.. maybe

:spock:

also make sure resistance is patched as a couple came out I think, try another online disc based game to see if that works perfectly.. I dunno motorstorm(wank) or something like that.

Don't I have to be able to get into online play in order to download the patch? I tried logging off the playstation network and connect inside resistance, i'll log on and then it still tells me network is disconnected.

I give up. After I'm done with the single player I'm selling this game.

kain

n00b
call the number in the book

I had a similar problem, called the number in the book and they walked me through fixing the problem within 5 mins. In my case all we had to do was reset the ps3 to default settings and it worked. Try that if that dont work call!