Resident Evil VII: Biohazard

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
finally i have some time for speedruns and yakuza 0^^

re7_100.JPG

edit:

i wanted a time sub 2 hours and....pffff...

firstrun.JPG

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
oh man this isn't good news. there's a chance that resident evil seven may be the last of its kind, and capcom might go back to the action oriented game style and scrap the horror with resident evil 8. i hope the fanboys who wanted another chris redfield or leon kennedy game didn't fuck this up.

I haven't watched this video, but I think Capcom understands that they damaged the franchise with 5 and especially 6. They're going to have to build up that good will again to get this series back to where it was.

I'm not panicking yet.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Agree with Taiso. Stop listening to big fat ugly youtube guys that need to fill their channel with garbage.

Honestly couldn't even look at that homunculus for more than 30 seconds let alone listen to his woes.

The game will still make money and there will still be sequels galore.

The big thing the game industry needs to accept is that within the last couple years people have wised up and not everyone is a day one purchase. That does not equal failure it equals that people our age went from only buying select releases when we were young with limited funds but unlimited time and making these franchises what they are today to buying hyped shit with disposable income, back to buying select releases now that we're adults with shit to do and families. I can't preorder let alone play all the hot new shit anymore but I can wait 6 months to a year and get it off amazon for sub $20 and play it at my leisure.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Another thing to consider is the game's budget. Judging by the demo, it's no where near the scale of RE6's budget.

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Another thing to consider is the game's budget. Judging by the demo, it's no where near the scale of RE6's budget.

re6 had a huge budget, lots of ppl involved, it was one of capcoms biggest projects ever...but it was a shitty game, and a very very shitty resident evil. its the only title of the RE saga i never played through. not even once.

overall & in 2017, re7 is the best resident evil and a videogame masterpiece, in 2D and especially in 3D...

finally got my "sub 2 hours" 1:57:12 on easy - still 27 minutes above the WR, but...^^