Resident Evil HD Remake is out

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I like the new costumes because it gives an old game a new look. Plus, I like the BSAA outfits as much as I like the S.T.A.R.S. outfits so it's a win win for me.

I started up a game with Jill using the new controls just to try them out and holy shit it makes a world of difference. As others have said, it's like playing a different game and i don't object to the control scheme at all. I won't say I 'like it more' or 'prefer it' or anything like that, but i really dig the responsiveness, especially in tight areas while trying to avoid monsters.

I know the criticism will be 'yeah, but it's meant to be played tank style for the survival horror aspects' but you know what? I've done that. Just the first game alone, at least a hundred times. The game no longer creates a sense of tension in me. Whenever I revisit it, it's just for nostalgia anyway, so the control scheme doesn't matter anymore. Both are good in their own way.

Oh, Jill's boobs bounce now. I caught it when I had her running at the camera and stopped suddenly. So then I did it again a few more times just to confirm it and yep, bounce physics are present now. I don't know if they're there on the original costume, but I definitely saw them on the BSAA outfit.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Just curious, but didn't they already release a version of this with 'fixed' controls on GameCube? How are these controls different from Option C or whatever it was?

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Oh, Jill's boobs bounce now. I caught it when I had her running at the camera and stopped suddenly. So then I did it again a few more times just to confirm it and yep, bounce physics are present now. I don't know if they're there on the original costume, but I definitely saw them on the BSAA outfit.

Nice. I might have to buy this game.

outlaw_moon

Marked Wolf
I got the original Remake for the GC and i am ashamed to say that I didn't finish the game. I have been wanting to go back and complete it, just too lazy to bring out the GC and hook it up. Maybe I can after all.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
It appears the HK version has English voices and text. Bought it. Looking forward to this. I think the RE series is the only series where I have different versions for various systems. I hope Relevations 2 gets a physical release as well.

It is just after the digital episodes have all come out, debating on if I want to go digital or physical

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer

Yeah I noticed that lol. Everytime I hit certain camera angles I wondered to myself if I was tripping or did they add boob physics.

Gotta play with the OG costume to see if it applies to that one too.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Difference between PS3 and PS4 is not much at all - I believe is 720p v 1080p. the PS3 version is the only physical copy of the game you can buy AFAIK (Play Asia sells it)

I have the PC version - really enjoying it, especially with a Xbox controller plugged in. Incidentally its the only version that runs at 60fps. All the console ports are 30fps

I totally dig the ambient background noises also, very cool touch. Now i just wish Capcom would put back in the original voices in the game

Ah thanks for the clarification. I guess now the only question is to download it for Ps3 or get the physical release. I checked Play-Asia and after shipping will come to around $40. Would certainly be nice to have a physical copy, plus the asian version has all english options so it is pretty tempting.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Used to love it back in the day on the PS1 and gamecube. Now that I am spoiled with other games, it feels like an outdated mess even with the new control scheme, improved graphics and 60 fps on PCs. How do you guys even play on the consoles with stuttering 30 fps and lower quality graphics is beyond me...

Honestly, who really wants to hunt down mummies?

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
I bought the physical copy a few months back on release. I am debating on picking this up on PS4 as well. I hate that I missed the $20 bundle price, but then again if I have the HK version why would I need it twice on PS3?

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
Haven't played and finished this game since back in 2002. Man, I don't remember the damn house being so dark and so many zombies going through the damn windows and openning the doors if you leave one intact from the last room.
Still a great time.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Just curious, but didn't they already release a version of this with 'fixed' controls on GameCube? How are these controls different from Option C or whatever it was?

kinda sorta.
iirc, it was something more along the lines of driving controls.
i think it was the right shoulder button to walk forward, then you just steered with the joystick; something like Heavy rain's control scheme.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Resident Evil is probably my favourite game of all time, so I've been really looking forward to this. I just don't know when I am going to get time to play through it, these days my gaming tends to be in 15/20 minute plays when I get the time (perfect for Neo Geo :)).

I was going to hold off buying this until I had a couple of days to run through it, but the girlfriend surprised me and bought it for me last night.

PublicEnemy

Cheng's Errand Boy
Having played RE 4, 5, and ,6 it will take me some time to get used to the controls and camera angle of this game

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I've not played resident evil since the first one on the PC-CDROM! Just downloaded the HD remake for the PS4 and really looking forward to playing it :)

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Not sure anyone has seen this yet, but modders are already at it for adding original voice acting.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I like the new costumes because it gives an old game a new look. Plus, I like the BSAA outfits as much as I like the S.T.A.R.S. outfits so it's a win win for me.

I started up a game with Jill using the new controls just to try them out and holy shit it makes a world of difference. As others have said, it's like playing a different game and i don't object to the control scheme at all. I won't say I 'like it more' or 'prefer it' or anything like that, but i really dig the responsiveness, especially in tight areas while trying to avoid monsters.

I know the criticism will be 'yeah, but it's meant to be played tank style for the survival horror aspects' but you know what? I've done that. Just the first game alone, at least a hundred times. The game no longer creates a sense of tension in me. Whenever I revisit it, it's just for nostalgia anyway, so the control scheme doesn't matter anymore. Both are good in their own way.

Her boobs bounced in gc remake, unless you meant from the original ps1 to remake.

Her face looks like shit in bsaa outfit (not the same motion capture girl iirc).

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Bought the game this weekend (as well as some indies from the flash sale). Getting the 10% discount was pretty kewl.
Hope to start this game soon. I've never played the remake.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Her boobs bounced in gc remake, unless you meant from the original ps1 to remake.

Her face looks like shit in bsaa outfit (not the same motion capture girl iirc).

No, I meant i REmake in general. If it was there on the GC, I never noticed it because it seemed like such a pointless thing to add in for this type of game so I didn't ever look for it. So if it's been around since 2002, then that's a surprise to me.

When I think of Resident Evil, I definitely don't look for boob physics lol

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I dl'd it last night and played a little bit of it with both controller options. Don't really feel like one is better than the other. What I do notice is how much I wish I could use a gamecube controller

Edit: I also was laying in widescreen, so far it seems to be okay. I haven't felt bothered by it yet

Last edited:

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Damn, this game is harder than I remember. I have been playing with Chris on the hardest available difficulty (normal) and I must have found 3 clips of ammo so far, I'm wandering around the mansion stabbing as many zombies as I can and running away every time I see a dog.

Regarding the controls, I can't decide which I prefer either. The new controls are nice but when the camera changes I find myself going the wrong way, the old controls stop that but feel so stiff and annoying these days.

SNKNostalgia

Beast Buster
I am enjoying this on the PS4 I picked up a month ago. I was skeptical with the widescreen mode at first, but then I noticed the camera scrolls to reveal most of the backgrounds and the 1080p details of the characters show better (so you don't have to sit like 4-5 feet away from a 50" HDTV using the 4:3 ratio to see the character details). I kinda wish they filtered the herbs and other items on the ground just a little bit, but overall still looks amazing. Some of the trail like movement effects are missing from the characters in the real-time cut-scenes, but no big deal really.

The new controls give you a major advantage at dodging enemies, but sometimes the switching camera views can mess me up. I accidentally hit a different direction on the analog and get attacked. The surround sound is a huge bonus as well. You can hear exactly were the zombies are and it adds more atmosphere to the game.