Reprogrammed Irritating Maze MVS COMING SOON

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Well, that is very well true. But the scam came to fruition partially due to European demand (Brandi, Chamane/pipi etc.). I mean, they allegedly paid up to double the amount of what some of the others in the US paid. I think Tarma's point was the fact that there continues to be an insatiable appetite or demand in Europe for anything "exclusive" wether it be a rare legit title or a boot/conversion. Where there is demand, lies opportunity.

I think you're pretty much right here.

If you're talking about posers, while I'm pretty sure US is full of those as well, it seems Europe has the unlucky crown - at least as far as NeoGeo goes, these days. :(

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I see no scam whatsoever here.

He reported about his faith in NGF-USA, and that's just his option/expectation/wish/delusion, maybe. Oh well.

The "scam" is that it appears NGF did nothing more than sell him a publicly available ROM and "authorized" it.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Oh, indeed. What I meant is *Stefano* is doing no scam harm here, since he's advertising is hack repros just for what they are.

I'm the very first one to *highly doubt* (<- euphemism) that SNK of Japan ever produced a 'joystick version official hack' of "Ucchan Nanchan Honoo no Challenge - Ultra Denryuu IraIraBou" (aka "The Irritating Maze"), and even a major flawed one. :-)

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Is it worth extra if he gets those 50 kits blessed by the pope? XD

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
Well, that is very well true. But the scam came to fruition partially due to European demand (Brandi, Chamane/pipi etc.). I mean, they allegedly paid up to double the amount of what some of the others in the US paid. I think Tarma's point was the fact that there continues to be an insatiable appetite or demand in Europe for anything "exclusive" wether it be a rare legit title or a boot/conversion. Where there is demand, lies opportunity.
Sorry to disagree here but these are the facts: the first 2 english AF3 were sold in USA for double the price (30k USD vs 15k Euro) we paid in Europe (given also the currency exchange) so, at least, don't blame us for raising the bar...

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Sorry to disagree here but these are the facts: the first 2 english AF3 were sold in USA for double the price (30k USD vs 15k Euro) we paid in Europe (given also the currency exchange) so, at least, don't blame us for raising the bar...

Yup, pricing was all over the place. Everyone paid different prices from what I remember, ranging from I think $8k to $30k iirc.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Hmmm. I thought it was pretty clear that Chamane was one of the ones to pay the most... around $30K. Whatever.

Last edited:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Hmmm. I thought it was pretty clear that Chamane was one of the ones to pay the most... around $30K. Whatever.

That's the way I remember it. Like you said though...whatever. $8K or $30K....you all got screwed.

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
So whatever happened to people involved in those big scams? Did people get their money back?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
So whatever happened to people involved in those big scams? Did people get their money back?

1 out of the 6 asked for a refund and got their money back through some deal with the Neostore.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
1 out of the 6 asked for a refund and got their money back through some deal with the Neostore.

1 out of the 6 also got a super sweet tintin statue with that money after saying how he didn't really have that kind of disposable income.

ALeqM5j27MSG6A5_HSeatb4uzjaHq7tCwQ

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member

The only two people who admitted what they paid were 8-man and Chamane. 8-man paid $31,000. Chamane paid $25,000 plus the $5000 non-refundable deposit that Tonk got for helping to sell the games.

Billy chimed in, briefly, to say that he was "the last one to buy AF3"...and, that he paid the least. No specific amount was ever mentioned, IIRC.

Edit: I take that back. He said he paid "a very tidy five-figure sum."

The other buyers are welcome to come forward and tell everyone what they paid, certainly. But, what they paid is their business and so is not talking if they don't want to.

Jon

Last edited:

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
So... quick thread summary:

• Stefano is producing a limited run of IM kits
  • Stefano has paid NGF an unknown amount to secure the rights to this game
  • Turns out Stefano has actually paid NGF for a freely available P-ROM
  • Carts are being made by saccing SSK2
  • Stefano is making artsets and a cardboard box

So... SSK2 cart + freely available P-ROM + cardboard box + art = $299

IM original cart + UniBIOS = under $100