Replacing my monitor thread part a million

Chainclaw

Geese's Thug
Hey I know I make one of these threads every few months, but this time I've made actual, real progress! I bought a used 19" monitor off Craigslist, so now I'm going to ask some new questions.

What do I need to know before I start swapping the old monitor out with the new one?

Uh... there will be more once I know more, but that's my first question.

New monitor:
ARBC7.jpg

d32A2.jpg

Old monitor:
uoaWL.jpg

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Well, besides doing a cap kit and so on on it, and assuming it works perfectly... put it in your machine. Hook up the power to it, hook up the ground, and then the video signal (hopefully in your case it's all the same wiring). Play and enjoy.

EDIT: After looking at the pics of the new monitor, I can tell you right now that the video signal from the yoke to the chassis (board that comes with the monitor) is not connected, it seems. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time figuring it all out. Why on earth is this all taken apart like that? What was the description of this monitor when you got ripped off... er, I mean bought it?

Last edited:

Chainclaw

Geese's Thug
Well, besides doing a cap kit and so on on it, and assuming it works perfectly... put it in your machine. Hook up the power to it, hook up the ground, and then the video signal (hopefully in your case it's all the same wiring). Play and enjoy.

EDIT: After looking at the pics of the new monitor, I can tell you right now that the video signal from the yoke to the chassis (board that comes with the monitor) is not connected, it seems. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time figuring it all out. Why on earth is this all taken apart like that? What was the description of this monitor when you got ripped off... er, I mean bought it?

Here's some more pictures. So you're saying what I've drawn pink over is a problem? There doesn't really seem to be anything on the monitor / board for it to be plugged in to.

yscC2.jpg

WQb46.jpg

The yellow seemed to be the input for the monitor, and I think the cyan is power. How do I know what is ground?

I think this is a Sanyo 20-EZY monitor, here is a PDF I found
http://playchoice.riemen.net/downloads/manuals/Sanyo-EZV.pdf

Things seem to imply that this is a 100 volt monitor, but there are a bunch of little stickers on the board with 125 volt markings.

Edit: Found this, reading through it.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=90265.0
That extra connector circled in purple in my picture seems to be for an optional inversion board (for Nintendo games, I'm assuming?)

Last edited: