Removing twenty years of cigarette smell from a cab.

SSS

neo retired
Namely the steering wheel on my new cab. When I get done playing my hands smell like I've smoked an entire carton. Is there a special kind of cleaning solvent that could eliminate the odor without damaging anything? I have a feeling the smoke might be so soaked into the wheel that nothing will work.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
Namely the steering wheel on my new cab. When I get done playing my hands smell like I've smoked an entire carton. Is there a special kind of cleaning solvent that could eliminate the odor without damaging anything? I have a feeling the smoke might be so soaked into the wheel that nothing will work.

Hmm..I wonder if NOVUS products would help...Have you tried any cleaners on it..

Joking:I'd say to wear driving gloves..:D

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
I keep a BIG bottle of 409 and a small scrub brush handy. It takes all the grime off but doesn't damage anything... well, I wouldn't use the brush on clear plastic ;)

RJ

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
With fridges, scrubing with bicarb soda works (for when the fridge fails and meat goes stinky) It may work with cabs, I havent tried. My cabs smell of my cigars ;)

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Something heavy duty to clean the wood like 409 is good and something not too strong for the plastic. Plastic isn't what asorbs most of the odor, its the wood. Also you could try covering the cab in tarp and put in an air freshner that asorbs odors as well.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Also,

Try rubbing dryer sheets all over the place...

SSS

neo retired
norton9478 said:
Also,

Try rubbing dryer sheets all over the place...

that actually might work. The cab will be in hibernation for about a month and a half. I'll try wrapping the wheel up in dryer sheets, taping them and place and seal it all with a trash bag. I imagine the cig smell is in deep and will need time to kill it.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
What is the steering wheel made out of? If it's hard plastic or rubber you may want to try soaking it in a water/bleach solution. It will get rid of the smell and any stains that may be visible.

DaemoN

Camel Slug
Cant you just remove the steering wheel off the cab for a nice wash with water & detergent? That should remove any smell / gunk.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
heh, you could allways take up smoking and just live with the smell. lol

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
Namely the steering wheel on my new cab. When I get done playing my hands smell like I've smoked an entire carton.

Tried gloves? :tickled: