Remembering www.neotropolis.net (the original site)

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
AES~Artwork.jpg

(gee, I wonder how kennyboy got all these inserts, manuals and cartridge stickers)

There's probably lots of noobs around here who have never heard of KPJ / Kennyboy or his site neotropolis.net before the domain was sold off a few years ago and is now a loving homage these days. I thought it would be fun to memorialize the original site though, for posterity and so we can learn from history and not repeat it.

You might say, durr just load up neotropolis.net into archive.org and browse the old site. The problem with that is the navigation buttons on the old site are always broken, pointing to an "undefined" web page. One has to sift through the archived URL lists to find all the pages of the original neotropolis.net. Thankfully all the pictures were backed up. Here's a handy-dandy list for your browsing convenience.

The Core:

The Outlet:
(older version with AES conversion prices still listed):

The Wanted:

AES Modification:

MVS Modification:

Conversions:

Gadgets & Gizmos:

Portfolio:

Contact Info:

And now for site highlights:

Neotropolis MV-1FZ CMVS - what made Kennyboy think controller ports that stick up were a good idea? Also, why is it Kennyboy never included an RGB output on any of his consolized systems?????? Also gotta love the random cartridge insertion warning sticker on the back of this consolized MV-1FZ.

cmvs_mv-1fz.jpg

Neotropolis "REI AES system" - no neotropolis museum walkabout would be complete without the RADICALLY ENHANCED INTERFACE STEREO COMPONENT HDTV FULL RGB AES system.

It's funny looking back at how so frequently Kenny equates component video with HDTVs, yet for the most part even old HDTVs from back then didn't often support 240p over component, which is what a Neo Geo system would have to output given there hardly any upscalers 15+ years ago. Neotropolis: The Future was Yesterday.

rei~description.jpg

Neotropolis "Hybrid AES~MVS System" - hopefully hell exists so Kennyboy can burn in there for eternity over this.

(not to mention that groan-worthy flex showing off his english Garou MOTW carts)

Hybrid~CMVS.jpg

Neotropolis "DF System" - lol

(again with that flex of owning rare/expensive carts...)

teaser.jpg

Neotropolis AES conversions - it makes me shudder to think Kennyboy probably killed an actual English AES game like FF3 or KOF95 for this Pleasuregoal conversion. Did anyone actually buy the Pleasuregoal cart shown in this picture???

Pleasure~Goal.jpg

Neotropolis Multi-slot CMVS systems - probably the nicest looking things Kennyboy ever made. It's almost like those metal covers on MVS boards were meant to be powder-coated.

cmvs.jpg

Let us remember and learn from these mistakes.

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I knew you had a long post in you

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
This community sure seems to love documenting the more infamous aspects of its fanbase. I don't really see the appeal. It's just a modder selling overpriced items, doing their thing. Something like this probably wouldn't even get a second look in the Nintendo or Sega communities.

(again with that flex of owning rare/expensive carts...)

teaser.jpg
MOTW was not an especially expensive game on either platform when that photo was taken. It became more scarce on AES due to demand.

I always wondered if that Neo CD AES MVS combo unit was real, a teenage me dreamt of having it.
I don't recall exactly, but I'm pretty sure he said it was fake when pressed, meant to generate attention.

Last edited:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I spent too long frantically fixing my DNS this week, I'm glad it was not for nothing lol

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'd just like to point out that that this dude was banned from here for repeatedly being a shitty seller. Not a scammer really, but shitty. Also he threatened to sue me.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I have a shoddy memory but isn't this that dude with the princess stick debacle.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Who was that gimp who bought the princess stick from kpj - curtwrx or something?

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I'd just like to point out that that this dude was banned from here for repeatedly being a shitty seller. Not a scammer really, but shitty. Also he threatened to sue me.

The memories, oh lawd

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
He was kinda a dbag yeah but I did buy/sell stuff with him a few times and it went well.
Meh.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
He was kinda a dbag yeah but I did buy/sell stuff with him a few times and it went well.
Meh.
Kenny's big deal was something so ridiculous that I don't even care to write the reason out.

Live and let live. Personally I'm amazed he's still doing this work 20 years later.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection

Cory was into the Wii. Haha