Remembering Nightmare Tony. We lost a Neo Geo legend...

lastcallhall

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
RIP, Tony. Thank you for giving me some of the greatest childhood arcade memories in all your work for SNK and the Neo Geo. Although we never met, I hope to one day see you in that great arcade up in the sky. Rest easy, my friend.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I'll miss you Tony. Thank you for being so encouraging, generous, and creative. My thoughts are with his family and loved ones.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Such a nice guy. Very easy to talk to, and open about a lot of things. I wish I got to talk to him more here recently. Just an extremely cool guy --very knowledgeable, without a hint of ever being condescending. He genuinely loved this hobby, and sharing his passion with others.

Take care, Tony.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Shit, man :(

Tony you have left us early, but you have given us a wealth of knowledge and good experiences. I hope wherever you end up it's peaceful as fuck and as cool as fuck man.

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
Tony was a such a great part of this community. He was always trying to help out others whenever he could. He did what he loved right to the end......and we all thank him for that.

Tony may be gone, but his life work will remain with us forever.
You might have a Romstar game that Tony popped a resistor on to get it working
properly....ya never now :)

Tony we all miss you........

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Rest in Peace man. I feel lucky to have had conversations with you via tech support in the 90s and also reconnecting here and just chatting it up. My condolences to the family. Tony was a fighter, always positive, and just an all around great guy. You will be truly missed. Thank you for everything.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
didn't know the guy at all but he was clearly very liked around here

shame

rest in peace

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I'm saddened to hear about all this. Rest in peace, Tony.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Though I really didn't know much of him until earlier this year when VT asked for donations to help him out, I did talk to Tony a little bit about his past with Romstar. He was a wealth of knowledge and did his best to help anyone out when they needed. I am very saddened to hear of his passing and extend my condolences to his family and friends. R.I.P. Tony :(

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
The Star of RomStar; he, not GUI was SNK.

Sorry we never got to play music together in person...can't believe VT & I were possibly going to see you this week.

Godspeed you, kind one. Glad you got one more Halloween with us, before you returned to the Essence.

I know you are free of suffering now, my friend.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Godspeed, Tony. :crying:

This community has lost a pillar.

Tony, may the next life be filled with strippers and White Castle.

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
A shame to see this very friendly and positive guy go. RIP

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Rest in peace, my friend. The next track that I make will be dedicated to you.

My condolences go to his friends and family.

Und meine Seele spannte
Weit ihre Flügel aus,
Flog durch die stillen Lande,
Als flöge sie nach Haus.

Last edited:

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
I am glad Tony had more of a presence on this forum in recent months, so many of you had a chance to interact with him.

He was always so eager to share some of his SNK and Romstar stories. He was truly passionate about the coin-op industry as a whole.

Rest in peace, my friend. I am happy that you are not suffering anymore, but selfishly wish you were still hanging out with us in chat.

Last edited: