Record collecting

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Anyone recommend some Wall Frames for vinyl?
I've seen the prices range wildly from $10 to $50 for a single frame.

I was too lazy to search if this has been discussed previously.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Anyone recommend some Wall Frames for vinyl?
I've seen the prices range wildly from $10 to $50 for a single frame.

I was too lazy to search if this has been discussed previously.

My go to for frames is the chain craft store AC Moore where they cost about ten dollars. I don't see a quality drop at this price point. Urban Outfitters sells basically the same frame for double the price.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Same. If there is a Half Priced Books or Newbury Comics near they should have them. You can also buy them in bulk online. The expensive ones are UV filtered and acid free which is awesome but if you're going to rotate the sleeves frequently and keep them out of sunlight I wouldn't bother.

I bought a handful of the cheap ones a few years ago to frame Laserdiscs and never had any problems.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Same. If there is a Half Priced Books or Newbury Comics near they should have them. You can also buy them in bulk online. The expensive ones are UV filtered and acid free which is awesome but if you're going to rotate the sleeves frequently and keep them out of sunlight I wouldn't bother.

I bought a handful of the cheap ones a few years ago to frame Laserdiscs and never had any problems.
half price books.... we have one of those where i live... man the dollar bin for records is on the floor which makes it very hard to go through sometimes....

they never have anything good there

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Recent vinyl gets:

Between the Heart and the Synapse by The Receiving End of Sirens - limited / new colors and packaging (my favorite album of all time)

Material Control by Glassjaw - limited first press, signed and numbered

F#A#$ by United Nations - 10" single, teh rarez

Science Fiction by Brand New - "very limited edition" package with extras (pre-ordered this before Lacey was outed as a semi-pedo)

Separate the Magnets by Grade - signed by the band, supplemented with setlist (got this at their BK show)

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
half price books.... we have one of those where i live... man the dollar bin for records is on the floor which makes it very hard to go through sometimes....

they never have anything good there

I hesitate to reply to you, Since you're an imbecile but... I've gotten Bowie, Ragga Twins, Dilated Peoples, Ultramagnetic MCs, Mantronix, Wu, A shit ton of Blue Note stuff, New Order, Portishead, Megadeth, Aphex Twin. Makes friends with an employee and know when to go. Not to mention mad books and comics.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
I hesitate to reply to you, Since you're an imbecile but... I've gotten Bowie, Ragga Twins, Dilated Peoples, Ultramagnetic MCs, Mantronix, Wu, A shit ton of Blue Note stuff, New Order, Portishead, Megadeth, Aphex Twin. Makes friends with an employee and know when to go. Not to mention mad books and comics.

hehe.. maybe I just go at the wrong time.. I used to find good games & records there years ago, but seems to have dried up in my area...

i know several record collectors/sellers though so i can usually find what i need without having to walk into a store XD

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
No, I'm pretty sure you're just half my age and don't know what to look for. Also suck at everything else.

Last edited:

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
No, I'm pretty sure you're just half my age and don't know what to look for. Also suck at everything else.

i work for a record store bro, i find great music all the time. maybe you just suck. Who cares what my age is.

and yes my boss will agree with me half priced books does suck around here. Maybe its just the one near me. he's over 50 years old and literally has tens of thousands of albums, which i sort through and price almost every day. dont assume i dont know shit just because i'm young, i spend most my days literally SURROUNDED by records.

hell we just sold a Trout Mask Replica not too long ago

also that Stanley Snider album i posted is so rare, only 100 copies were ever made in the late 70s... goes for about five hundred bucks

Last edited:

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
FlUzkwx.jpg

I’m blasting this on the stereo currently

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Yup. It's a good one.

Got a copy of Talk Talk- Life's What You Make It.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Finally have one of these for my personal collection
ovGTeIr.jpg

Reissue, and I don’t care! I took the shrink wrap off myself.

Also got this one, sealed as well:
uWKiMTb.jpg

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Pre Ordered Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure and The Lost Boys from EdsAwesomeSounds. Have both of these on CD and always wanted the Vinyl. Would love for them to do a Release of The Crow as well.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Lost boys is an amazing soundtrack.

I usually sell it as soon as I get it.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Oh those are some awesome pickups. FUCKING HELL, The Cure still hasn't done Wish yet.