Recommend me a good bluetooth headset for Playstation 3

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
I don't think I'm gonna buy Warhawk, so I'm gonna need to pick one of these up by itself. Which is good, are there some to avoid? What's the best? Tell me what you got.

And what PS3 games support voice chat?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
none of the BT headsets are really any good, get a USB one

BIG

sony fanboy
the jabra sets are okay, but i still prefer using my old logitech usb headset.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Curious,What do the other then Warhawk Headsets and or Similar Cost alone?(I know nothing about headsets)

I bought Warhark at Target for $59.99/The set with the Headset..It was easy to set up and though I don't know shit about headsets it seems to work good..
Wondering if the Headsets alone are close to that $59 price,you may just want to buy the Warhark with headset-set then sell the game sealed to re-coop some of the money.

My wife had a Bluetooth headset for her Celly..I wonder if I could use it on the PS3 if I wanted to..

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
chris1 said:
My wife had a Bluetooth headset for her Celly..I wonder if I could use it on the PS3 if I wanted to..
Think so, give it a shot, and let us know if it works. I'm thinking most should, unless it's really old or something. I was at wal-mart looking at some of the headsets and they're all around $50-70 which is lame and they're on those hooks that you need an employee to unlock so I couldn't look at the backs to check if they said compatible with PS3 so... Maybe I'll stop at best buy tomorrow and see what they got.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Just grab an old Logitech USB headset, like the ones that came with SOCOM.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
SpamYouToDeath said:
Just grab an old Logitech USB headset, like the ones that came with SOCOM.
I refuse to have wires when the technology exists that I don't have to.

MuppetMaster

New Challenger
I'm using a Motorola HS805, picked it up for $20 (referb) and it works great. Still way too many ass-hats out there though.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Snair said:
I refuse to have wires when the technology exists that I don't have to.

if everyone on the internet took that stance, we'd all be wirelessly connected

seriously, a $10 USB headset will beat the shit out of any BT headset.

I spent $100 on BT headsets before I just fucking gave up

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I have an old Logitech USB headset, like the ones that came with SOCOM

Since this is wired...
Does this mean you have to sit with the PS3 in your Face,that close as I sit way back from it on the couch..I'm so far back that I can't play with the PS3 controller hooked up to the PS3 when charging..

Logitech USB headset
I see nowhere on the PS3 controller to plug it in(unless your putting it in the charging port.?
I forget what the usb end of the Logitech USB headset looks like..

If it plugs into the controller then I'm pulling the Logitech USB headset out of storage and using it..

DJDD

Morden's Lackey
chris1 said:
I have an old Logitech USB headset, like the ones that came with SOCOM

Since this is wired...
Does this mean you have to sit with the PS3 in your Face,that close as I sit way back from it on the couch..I'm so far back that I can't play with the PS3 controller hooked up to the PS3 when charging..

Logitech USB headset
I see nowhere on the PS3 controller to plug it in(unless your putting it in the charging port.?
I forget what the usb end of the Logitech USB headset looks like..

If it plugs into the controller then I'm pulling the Logitech USB headset out of storage and using it..

any BT headset will work that has come out within the past few years. what you will be looking for in one is noise canceling and talk time. I found a fairly decent forum that discusses alot of different headsets. I bought a Motorola H555 that works ok, it just doesnt have noise cancellation so when people yell into their mic it comes out of the speaker and right back into my mic. a talk time of 8 hours or so is good for a couple of days of some hardcore playing (3+ hours). try your wife's BT headset and see if you can use it with the ps3 before going out and just randomly buying one.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
The headset plugs into the PS3. It's a USB audio device (and the controlller is a USB HID).

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Ended up just getting Warhawk. I figure they all are about the same so why not get a game at the same time, plus I know it'll work for sure since it's packed in with the game. Not many people seemed to talk that much anyways though. 8hrs battery life, seems good enough, and no wires.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
A tangent bump.

The built-in mic on my computer doesn't meet the quality I need.

I'm in need of a mic (that I'd like to buy at Circuit City because I have a gift card) that will work with my Computer - and I figure I should just double up and get a bluetooth headset that will work with my phone.

Since technology moves super fast - does everyone's new bluetooth headsets work great now that its been 3 months since this thread?

Any recommendations or advice appreaciated.

If I have to go USB for super excellent quality - or even an actual mic rather than a headset then so be it. Let me know your great experiences with microphones/computers. That's my main point of interest - something that works 100%, and is easy to connect to my computer.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
chris1 said:
Since this is wired...
Get a USB extension. Some people get that for the headset and to charge the controller while playing.

Lovergoat

, KING of GOATs, Greatest of all time...
I got a Sony Ericsson one and it works flawlessly. I just took the most basic of approaches with buying one as there is so much conflicting information on the subject out there.

I just figured that sony may have been more likely to have tested Sony Ericsson headsets than other brands, then chose one that was in the higher end of what was available and I could pick up cheap with a little shopping around.