Received a PSC for Christmas.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
So, the Playstation Classic was something I never paid much attention to. Having just recently gotten one I've started looking up all the stuff going on with it.

I was surprised by Project Eris and jumped right into setting that up on the console. It is pretty impressive for what it is.

Having done that I've been putting all of my collection of PS1 games onto it, a little bit at a time. I've over half of them on there now with a SSD hooked up to it and should soon get the rest on there.

So far, they have all played as good as on my old systems, better in the case of a few games that I have I can't play on some systems.

Mostly I've been using a PS2 for my PS1 stuff, but some of the discs won't play on the PS2 at all . I've kept a modded PS1 for that and other region games. I think with modded classic I can just use it for all my PS1 stuff now and put my discs all into storage.

My gripes with the system basically comes down to the controllers mostly. They are okay, but way too short corded and you can't just plug any USB controller and use it. Also, one of my controllers, the up direction seems flaky.

There is an adapter to allow other USB controllers, I ordered and am waiting on it. If that works out then I'll be satisfied I think.

I may end up getting that mini Genesis system as they have s comparable mod for it as well.

Not that I think this is anything new news, but just thought I would mention it.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
It's the most powerful of the mini's that's for sure, even plays DC games in a semi-decent fashion. Won't knock it for casual emulation.