Recca Summer Carnival 92 Repro

darcotrigger

Zero's Tailor
Damn tempted to pick up one of these nes repro's, price seems right and it looks rad. Anyone play this game?

Worth it?

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I've wanted to pick the game up for a while. I've talked to Ito (Lance) over at Retroware TV and he loves it. I'm really considering finding a junk game to bring it over to them to get it made into a Recca. Pretty much everything I've heard has been positive about the game.

darcotrigger

Zero's Tailor
It looks so cool. It's hard to believe the nes can do those graphics with so little slow down and flicker.

I just wonder if it might be a little too hardcore for my tastes.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
games is like no other NES SHMUP! Rivals many PCE shooters. Game is tough as nails too.

Clevman

n00b
Have a friend who just got this last week and keeps sending me pics of his high scores, its all hes playing lately. Thinking I might need to find a junk cart and bust out the old nintendo too, give the Neo a break for now...

SuperDeadite

Zero's Tailor
It looks so cool. It's hard to believe the nes can do those graphics with so little slow down and flicker.

I just wonder if it might be a little too hardcore for my tastes.

Have you actually played it? It flickers like crazy on real hardware, the last boss basically teleports because of this.

darcotrigger

Zero's Tailor
Have you actually played it? It flickers like crazy on real hardware, the last boss basically teleports because of this.

No, I don't want to dl a rom for some reason, I 've only seen videos.

It seems like the overall opinion is that it is worth it, so now my question is this:

I see two different versions available, regular and pure. Does anyone know the differences between the two?

SuperDeadite

Zero's Tailor
I have no idea about the repros, just don't spend too much. A loose original cart is only worth about $150 to be honest. Boxed copies are way more, but why spend a lot on a repro when you can get the real deal for a fair price.

darcotrigger

Zero's Tailor
A repro is only around $30 and I don't have to mess with a converter and it's readily available.

I see what you are saying but I really have no interest in famicom collecting. I just want to play it on my nes.

elixir

NAM-75 Vet
It's going to be difficult to stomach the flickering. Pink Sweets is much like it, you should consider that instead.

Kyle

Kabuki Klasher
This game is great on real hardware - especially with a decent arcade stick. Probably not so much on an emulator.

If you're the kind of fellow who doesn't mind spending $30 on a repro I would recommend picking up one of these. It's a tad more spendy but you can load it up with other rareties. I bought mine used for $100.

http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=34

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
It's going to be difficult to stomach the flickering. Pink Sweets is much like it, you should consider that instead.

Yeah but there isn't much people who can aford a $600 PCB and a cab/supergun.

Btw, I'd recomend to get the Recca "Pure" version with the unlocked hard mode for the same price.

darcotrigger

Zero's Tailor
I've decided to go with Pure.

I would really have no issue with a pcb if I had a nice candy to play it on, but I don't and I really don't need a bunch of ugly crap just sitting around collecting dust.

My materialistic days are over anways. A cheap nes repro it is.