Recall info for SSVS AES

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
setsuna.lee said:
some ppl already get back their SP mod from another shopand nobody refer any bonus ..

Bonus: Because of the long period of time required for programming, SNK Playmore is providing a free gift for each and every customer who participated in this recall. This item will be shipped together with your programmed SSVS.

Neostore is the official US seller. Maybe SNKP made some excluisve for Shawn, since the US recall only existed due his effort, anyway.

Or they just think that Shawn is secsay.

lemonflav

Windjammers Wonder
20 Year Member
NCS got theirs today. They're giving away some cell phone strap thing to everyone that returned their cart. Neat...

Shawn

snkusa.com
According to the packing invoice they list a "mobile phone cleaner". Could have been declared as such for custom purposes or was lost in translation. Once I figure out which box has these items will know for sure. Will report back soon, may be later this afternoon after all recalls are shipped out.

motoslave

n00b
Freelancer said:
Looks to be a KOF 10th anniversary Cell Phone strap. NCS has a pic on this page:
http://www.ncsx.com/2004/ncs101804/ssvs.htm

woo ^&^%$! hoo. I would have preferred something more substantial. Anyhow I'm just glad to get my cart back.

Kudos to Shawn and NCS, though, they both did a great job keeping us informed, I never felt (completely) in the dark about my cart, especially knowing these guys were on our side all the way...

motoslave

n00b
I forgot to ask this, but how bad was the creasing? Or was there any? NCS seems to imply there wasn't any at all.

motoslave

n00b
OK, so I got my reprogrammed cart back today from NCS. Physically it's in good condition, there is creasing (was hoping for a fresh new sticker), but I can live with it. No other flaws, I'm pretty impressed.

With regards to the fatalities, they are similar in to the original fatalities with one big glaring exception--no separated body parts, no slicing in half, no beheading--the victim's body always remains intact. For example, Hanzo's is completely intact, the blood rain fatality is intact is well. But anything that involves separate body parts is not there.

As much as I would prefer to go the UNIBIOS route, I am content with the cart as is. The cell phone strap is going on eBay.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
motoslave said:
OK, so I got my reprogrammed cart back today from NCS. Physically it's in good condition, there is creasing (was hoping for a fresh new sticker), but I can live with it. No other flaws, I'm pretty impressed..
creases on a new cart=LAME,you'd figure with all the time they took to neuter the cart, they would at least replace the sticker.
motoslave said:
With regards to the fatalities, they are similar in to the original fatalities with one big glaring exception--no separated body parts, no slicing in half, no beheading--the victim's body always remains intact. For example, Hanzo's is completely intact, the blood rain fatality is intact is well. But anything that involves separate body parts is not there.
The blade is not a pipe,it is not a pole. You paid three hundred eighty dollars for a pole fighting game and that = LAME

motoslave said:
As much as I would prefer to go the UNIBIOS route, I am content with the cart as is. The cell phone strap is going on eBay.
Do you really have a choice now?? I mean, you have to be content to a certain degree and the cell phone strap= LAME

Thanks for sharing this information and if I read harshly toward you, that is not my intention. It is SNKP that I direct my anger towards.
-BB

twodeepuzzler

Geese's Thug
Guess I shouldn't be surprised that SNKP messed up yet again. What's next, a batch of SSVS carts that are actually copies of Riding Hero with a SSVS sticker on it?

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
twodeepuzzler said:
Guess I shouldn't be surprised that SNKP messed up yet again. What's next, a batch of SSVS carts that are actually copies of Riding Hero with a SSVS sticker on it?

That would be too good to be true.

It would be a collectible :make_fac:

motoslave

n00b
Thanks for sharing this information and if I read harshly toward you, that is not my intention. It is SNKP that I direct my anger towards.
-BB

np, I completely understand your opinion. It's just that after all I've gone through, all the waiting for this cart to come back, I'd rather just stay in this frame of mind and be content rather than fight it anymore. Plus, as you said, I can't do jack about it at this point, so why fight it :mad:?

Rambilin

n00b
Got mine back today and unless I'm just completly blind I didn't get a strap. Oh well the game plays fine and the fatalities are only fairly watered down. Usually if there was a slicing in half or decap the character just flies back. Strangly Remartou's (sp) heart ripping and eating is still in. Now if only the MVS would aproach $500...

Freelancer

Banned
Just for the sake of curiosity, would anyone be willing to send pics of the "reprogrammed" boards so that they can be compared to the "unfixed" version?

snesaes

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I was wondering if they changed Suija's fatality, or did they just leave it untouched?

Brett.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
snesaes said:
I was wondering if they changed Suija's fatality, or did they just leave it untouched?

Brett.

untouched.

Master(G)

n00b
ok, I got my carts (mine and the ones of my friends) back today and there is no creasing at all! Our carts look like new, except for the little neogeo-sticker on the right. They must have placed new stickers on them...

also, we all got one of those cell-phone-straps. So I am - we are - perfectly happy now...

...I am very glad I got Hanzos fatal back :buttrock:

motoslave

n00b
Dampfwalze said:
Wrong.
His body remains clean now while originally it became red by the blood shower.

You know what, you're right, I never noticed that! There is blood rain, but it doesn't collect on his body....

You know, the more and more I think about it, the more it seems like SNKP really split hairs on this one. What was the point of this recall again :oh_no:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Dampfwalze said:
Wrong.
His body remains clean now while originally it became red by the blood shower.

Oh man .... :oh_no:. I had been told by a couple of guys that Suija's finisher was left intact - but I guess they were less than totally observant.

What a clusterfuck. :mad:

The thought police at SNKP are fucking neurotic, seriously. It's a shame, too, because I really enjoy SSVS, but can't help but be a little bitter about having to jump through all these hoops just to get what should be guaranteed in the first place.

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
I am sorry, but I don't have a capture card or video camera with digital output, but maybe some other member is able to do it. Yet I can tell you that the majority of overkills has been altered.
There are only a few overkills left completely unchanged and even Nakorurus overkill has been cut (the blood fountain that spurt out of the wound has been changed to some bloody splashes).
Many changes are subtle (like the missing skull coming out of Kusaregedo's mouth, after he ate the opponent) but some of the changes make the overkills looking weird (like the overk. of Sogetsu, where the body of the opponent is flying away and the spot where he stood still bleeds for a second or two).

So SNKP watered down more than I feared, but at least the overkills are in there now.... more or less. :(

Oh and I forgot to mention that I played the game on my US Neo so there is still hope that some of the overkills remain original on a jap. Neo, but I doubt it.