Really odd question...regarding Neo CD...

'ello all,

Ok, this is going to sound just absolutely inane, and it does deal a little with emulation, which can be a touchy subject...but I'm not trying to start any debates, just wondering reallly:

I would like to try to gif the animated load screens for Neo CD games.

Weird, yes? At any rate, about the only way I can think of to do this would be via an emulator, and just slam the "Screenshot" key, then put those frames together for the gif file. Thing is, the only Neo emulator I can get to work is that Japanese emu called "Neo Geo CD"...and it doesn't show the loading screens at all. :(

The other thing i was thinking about was ripping it out of the CD...but I have less than no clue on how to do this, or if it can even be done via the CD games.

If anyone has any suggestions to this really odd issue, they'd be much appreciated.

Bel

Btw, just to avoid is potential misunderstandings, I do own a Neo CD and about 13 games, all originals. :) I mainly want the loading screens to put in the reviews I will be doing on the games themselves. :)

Curt

apostate
I'd like to see these .gifs

You need to go with a capture card

get one for like 60-100$

and plug the NGCD into your capture card and then just capture the loading screen... you could hit printscreen like you said... or capture it to a .avi and then convert that avi to a gif.... (I know JASC's animation shop does this...)

but I really think a video capture card is your best bet

a ATI all in wonder might do the trick but I'm not sure which one I would reccomend for the best price

try www.pricewatch.com

dbarrett0928

Banned
...IMO

You guys are very knowledgerable but i would continue this discussion via pm before a mod deletes this...

Hmmmmmm, is this breaking any of the rules, or have I posted it in the wrong place? Not really sure what's objectionable about it.

Ah well, no big deal. Yeah, I may just have to go with a video capture card, sucks too...via an emu, it's so much easier to make gifs from. Hate playing games via emus, but for things like this, it's just so very much easier...

Ah well, I appreciate the help...will keep looking. :)

Bel

BTW, you can see some other gifs I've done on my site, mostly in the Old School Sega Section. I'll be doing the same thing for my Neo CD game reviews(which is why I wanted to make some gifs of the various load screens).
http://www.whipassgaming.com/

Last edited: