Real Bout 2 Classic-Shock Insert UDPATED

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Just finished this one up. There's a few out there that are really great but I just wanted to take a crack at what I can bring to the table, classic-style!

The back was a lot of fun since I had to remove terry from the original art and paint in the background (boy do I love Photoshop!) It's the first time I try to do anything like this and it turned out pretty clean overall.

Here it is, my version of Real Bout 2 - Classic-Shock!
realbout2.jpg

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Here's a close-up of the Back. Now you can see all my little mistakes.

realbout2back.jpg

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Dude ... that's awesome. Great work, seriously. Be sure to let me know if you want me to host any of these temporarily until BB gets them up on his web site. I could just put them up as links in a new thread here or something.

GoSpits

Benimaru's Hairdresser
20 Year Member
Sorry, I don't know how I missed this one.
Absolutely amazing, as usual, but I have a tint suggestion:

The character select screen that is on the ground on the back of the insert could be either slid over to the centre road, or better yet, moved across the alley of the other screenshot. It could sit comfortably between the two sets of windows.
This way, it spreads the balance of the back a bit.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
GoSpits said:
Sorry, I don't know how I missed this one.
Absolutely amazing, as usual, but I have a tint suggestion:

The character select screen that is on the ground on the back of the insert could be either slid over to the centre road, or better yet, moved across the alley of the other screenshot. It could sit comfortably between the two sets of windows.
This way, it spreads the balance of the back a bit.

Piss off!

lol, j/k

I was going to do that but I really wanted to get this out for everyone to comment on. I was lazy towards the end and didnt feel like getting that screenshot tucked behind Terrys cap. (which I will be doing).

I also plan on adding a character standing at the top of that building where the Vs. Screenshot is and perhaps a few shadows in the mist that can be recognized but not seen.........these are all ideas, who knows if I will follow-thru.

I hope to work on a KOF95 next. I have that game coming to me soon and I had an idea I want to play with.

-neocvera

GoSpits

Benimaru's Hairdresser
20 Year Member
Sorry!
I get that a lot as an editor. :glee:

The character through the mist would be amazing, especially if you have any walking away and looking over their shoulder.

BTW, could you stop making inserts? I'm tired of having to print off news ones to replace some of my other ones that look too much like the AES inserts. j/k :p

That really is some slick work, though.
Wish I had the time, resources talent and especially talent to make some of these.
Can't wait to see the next ones! :buttrock:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
I hope to work on a KOF95 next. I have that game coming to me soon and I had an idea I want to play with.

-neocvera

Any plans to work on an MS 5 insert? There hasn't been a .... well, there was one nice one but it doesn't seem to be available at full scale. Anyway, I think it would rock if you did an MS 5 insert - people seemed to have overlooked it.

Please???

<3?? :crying:

GoSpits

Benimaru's Hairdresser
20 Year Member
galfordo said:
Any plans to work on an MS 5 insert? There hasn't been a .... well, there was one nice one but it doesn't seem to be available at full scale. Anyway, I think it would rock if you did an MS 5 insert - people seemed to have overlooked it.

Please???

<3?? :crying:

Do you, or does anyone else know, what other games do not have inserts for them yet? Is there a list somewhere? I'm sure there are a few games that aren't getting the attention they may (or may not) deserve.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
GoSpits said:
Do you, or does anyone else know, what other games do not have inserts for them yet? Is there a list somewhere? I'm sure there are a few games that aren't getting the attention they may (or may not) deserve.

I haven't ever seen a list of which games do and do not have inserts. I know of about 4 websites which have them, and if I can't find the insert that I'm looking for at one of those four sites, I have to assume that it doesn't exist. Anyway, here are the websites that I'm talking about:

http://shockboxes.crazearcade.com/

http://www.nickthfury.com/insert/homebrew.htm

http://www.neogeoforlife.com/shockbox.shtml

http://www.buttasuperb.com/cps2mvs/mvs/inserts/

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Please stop. I'm getting sick of drool over my keyboard every time you post new stuff.

Thanks.

:cool:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
When can we expect to get our grubby little hands on these? :(

GoSpits

Benimaru's Hairdresser
20 Year Member
galfordo said:
I haven't ever seen a list of which games do and do not have inserts. I know of about 4 websites which have them, and if I can't find the insert that I'm looking for at one of those four sites, I have to assume that it doesn't exist. Anyway, here are the websites that I'm talking about:

http://shockboxes.crazearcade.com/

http://www.nickthfury.com/insert/homebrew.htm

http://www.neogeoforlife.com/shockbox.shtml

http://www.buttasuperb.com/cps2mvs/mvs/inserts/

Thanks for the links, I had forgotten about buttasuperb's site.
Only asked because I know there have been so many remakes though some have gone untouched.
Thanks again.

NeoCverA, any update? I think we're all drooling over our keyboards, as verythrax mentioned. :drool_2:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
GoSpits said:
Thanks for the links, I had forgotten about buttasuperb's site.
Only asked because I know there have been so many remakes though some have gone untouched.
Thanks again.

NeoCverA, any update? I think we're all drooling over our keyboards, as verythrax mentioned. :drool_2:

As far as the changes to it, I have not done anything to it. I didnt find any decent artwork for the characters (full body shots) to do some of the ideas I was thinkin about. If by updates you meant when is it going to be posted (as-is) I have contacted Big-Bear. He's run into a bit of snag on one of his projects. I expect an update after he has resolved his "hump".

GoSpits

Benimaru's Hairdresser
20 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
As far as the changes to it, I have not done anything to it. I didnt find any decent artwork for the characters (full body shots) to do some of the ideas I was thinkin about. If by updates you meant when is it going to be posted (as-is) I have contacted Big-Bear. He's run into a bit of snag on one of his projects. I expect an update after he has resolved his "hump".

Hey, you answered a two-for-one, so thanks.
I like the final touches you did on the screen rearrangement. Nice work, and hope to see it available shortly.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Yep - I'll definitely be waiting for this one to get posted before I make my next trip to Kinko's :D.

GoSpits

Benimaru's Hairdresser
20 Year Member
galfordo said:
Yep - I'll definitely be waiting for this one to get posted before I make my next trip to Kinko's :D.

I actually just picked the game up, so I'm glad I waited a bit too.
With people like NeoCverA, BIG BEAR, laurie, Blaine and so many others, there are a lot of great inserts available now that it's starting to give us loads of style options.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Update - Real Bout 2 - Classic-Shock - FINAL

Did a few adjustments as suggested with character select (moved it a bit more to the right and under the cap.

Also added a new screenshot and blended it into the wall on the right.

The front is the same so heres just the back. This is final.
realbout2finalback.jpg

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
PM me when you're ready for me to grab this and FF3.
-BB