Ready to Jump into RGB Gaming!!!

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Okay, so I have read all the Framemeister and I think I am ready to take the plunge. What I would like to know is where did you all source your units from, where is a good place to buy SCART cables. Do I need to also purchase the D-Terminal option for the Framemeister?

Also, is there anything I need to know about the LCD I will be using in particular? I have a 50" Samsung and heard that I need to make sure it supports 240p, but shouldn't the Framemeister take care of this for me?

I plan on getting and using the Framemeister for SNES, GENESIS, NES (RGB modded), N64 (RGB modded), SATURN, DREAMCAST, PS1, PS2.

Any new and useful information is as always, much appreciated!

GAMEFAN:loco:

Last edited:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Buy the framemiester from Solaris, don't worry about your tv as it will be fine. Buy the proper cables and have me mod your nintendos. And enjoy amazing gaming.

*also don't worry about d terminal

And here is a wealth of knowledge

http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/XRGB-mini_FRAMEMEISTER

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'd get the D terminal cable just because it's cheap, but component video is pretty useless on the Framemeister, there's all kinds of noise. The 240p thing only really matters if you were connecting the consoles directly to the TV, and if you're using the mini you aren't. The only real requirements on the TV is that it has low lag and does an acceptable job of 720p video, since if you use scanlines with the Mini you'll probably want to use 720p output instead of 1080p.

On your TV, make sure the Samsung is set for either GAME MODE or PC mode (if it has that option.) That turns off most the processing crap. Also, go on ebay and look for the English remote overlays, well worth the few bucks they cost.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I can source you guys SCART terminals, but bear in mind they're not popular anymore even in Europe due to high HDMI TVs demand.

It would be wiser to do a group buy and I could ship to one person across the pond.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I'd get the D terminal cable just because it's cheap, but component video is pretty useless on the Framemeister, there's all kinds of noise. The 240p thing only really matters if you were connecting the consoles directly to the TV, and if you're using the mini you aren't. The only real requirements on the TV is that it has low lag and does an acceptable job of 720p video, since if you use scanlines with the Mini you'll probably want to use 720p output instead of 1080p.

On your TV, make sure the Samsung is set for either GAME MODE or PC mode (if it has that option.) That turns off most the processing crap. Also, go on ebay and look for the English remote overlays, well worth the few bucks they cost.

GohanX - Yeah, both my Samsung LCDs have a PC mode and GAME mode. I will get the D-Terminal bundled then, only an extra twenty bucks, so no big deal.

Thank you!

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
theres a US seller who makes SCART cables for various retro systems on ebay, her cables are great quality as I've bought several from her. i believe her name is retro_console_accessories and, should you have any issues, she will talk to you about troubleshooting tips.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
theres a US seller who makes SCART cables for various retro systems on ebay, her cables are great quality as I've bought several from her. i believe her name is retro_console_accessories and, should you have any issues, she will talk to you about troubleshooting tips.

I thought she was out of business. I went to buy a SNES scart a few months ths ago and she had zero listings up.

Edit- Just checked eBay and she's back on there. Weird.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Retro gaming cables is my go to https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk

I used to have them make the PC engine cables that went along with the RGB mod before they started making them a normal stock item

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member

As long as I purchase SCART non 21-PIN JPN cables, I should be all set then?

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I thought she was out of business. I went to buy a SNES scart a few months ths ago and she had zero listings up.

I ran into the same thing not too long ago. I'd check during the day and save a couple things I wanted to buy. I'd come home late after work and all her listings would be down. But then they would reappear the next day. It looks like she takes her listings down at night. Maybe to keep up with demand?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member

I ran into the same thing not too long ago. I'd check during the day and save a couple things I wanted to buy. I'd come home late after work and all her listings would be down. But then they would reappear the next day. It looks like she takes her listings down at night. Maybe to keep up with demand?

Apparently they are made in small batches, so they sell out quickly and then are down until they can be made again. I ran into the same issue looking for a SNES and Saturn cable, but they come up every so often.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
videodrome_cronenberg_horror-1.gif

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
The standard is to use a common non Jpn.-scart cable together with a simple scart adapter, like this one here.

He should buy the Female EuroSCART to XRGB Mini-Din adapter. This adapter

The reason you need to go EuroSCART and not JP21, even tho the adapter that comes with the XRGB is JP21, is that once you start looking for a Switching solution for your setup , you will be screwed with JP21. Also Euro SCART cables are usually cheaper to buy .

I would also always prioritize getting a CSYNC cable when available over a Sync on Video or Sync on Luma cable.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
He should buy the Female EuroSCART to XRGB Mini-Din adapter. This adapter

The reason you need to go EuroSCART and not JP21, even tho the adapter that comes with the XRGB is JP21, is that once you start looking for a Switching solution for your setup , you will be screwed with JP21. Also Euro SCART cables are usually cheaper to buy .

I would also always prioritize getting a CSYNC cable when available over a Sync on Video or Sync on Luma cable.

So buy cables like these for the systems?

https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk...n64-rgb-av-scart-cable-ntsc-tv-lead-wire-cord

https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk...a-genesis-1-stereo-rgb-av-scart-cable-tv-lead

https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk...rgb-av-scart-ntsc-cable-tv-lead-cord-for-sale

https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk...-playstation-1-2-ps1-ps2-rgb-scart-cable-lead

Thank you!

GAMEFAN

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
Personally i don't think that retrogamingcables.co.uk are worth what he is asking for the basic euro cables. I modified some of his cables that i bought and they are not better built then the 5-10$ ebay cables from HK. The only cables that i found to be superior in quality are those from the seller retro_console_accessories on ebay. Those cable are fully shielded , properly ground based on the scart standard. The material she uses is of really good quality. The only cable i would get from retrogaming is the mini-din to euro scart. If you get the one with a sync stripper powered by the USB of the XRGB-mini you would be set and never have to worry about sync and just get Scart cables on e-bay.

If a cable on e-bay doesn't say JP21 then it EuroSCART. a SCART cable is implied to be Euro .

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
Apparently they are made in small batches, so they sell out quickly and then are down until they can be made again. I ran into the same issue looking for a SNES and Saturn cable, but they come up every so often.

I recently bought cables from there and noticed that they tend to take down their listings over the weekend.

OP, I found info here to be very helpful: http://retrorgb.com