RBS mvs sound problem

firebomber

Astra Superstar
The sound effects are kinda odd when I play RBS. The music is fine and the graphics are all fine but sometimes the sound effects are wierd.
Actually it's not that they are wierd but they play at the wrong times. Like, before the match starts I hear the sound from one of Mai's attacks. And when I'm on the beach stage if I go over all the way to the left sometimes random punch/kick sound effects will start playing. When Joe wins sometimes another persons victory speach is played.

Any idea as to what could be the problem?

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I am sorry I can't help but is there any way you can caputure this to video? This had me laughing in real life.

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Unfortunately I don't have any way to capture the video right now.

It really is quite funny. I couldn't believe it when i first heard it.

<small>[ June 03, 2003, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: firebomber ]</small>

SNKFreak

Banned
Hmmm, I get that same thing when I reverse the order of the two boards. Open the cart and check if the two PCBs are positioned correctly.

Also, if it's a bootleg, then you might have to desolder all the V-chips and re-locate to the correct placement.

firebomber

Astra Superstar
I opened the cart and checked it out. Board boards are in the correct place and all of the V chips appear to be in their correct locations. I checked to see if there was a bad solder job on on of the chips but it looks fine to me.
Also, the cart is definately not a bootleg.

I forgot to mention... I am playing this through a phantom-1. Could that somehow be the problem?

<small>[ June 04, 2003, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: firebomber ]</small>