RAIDEN IV to xbox 360

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
says famitsu.

"Raiden IV (360, Moss, Sept 11 2008)
- Xbox360 mode adds 2 stages to the Arcade mode for a total of 7.
- Xbox Live score ranking."

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
After the Raiden Fighters comp, this was almost predestined. Good news, though...and nice to see the enhancements on the home version.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
Just like Raiden 3, this game was developed by Moss, not Seibu Kaihatsu. I'm not expecting much.

thund3rs

Rugal's Thug
good to hear! Man.. i havent played Raiden since the jaguar version about 5 years ago...

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Why do they keep putting shooters on the 360?

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
Why do they keep putting shooters on the 360?

This may or may not be the real reason, but I read an article a few months back about how the 360 is the hardcore gamers' system in Japan, and shmups are games targeted at hardcore gamers.

I'm sure it also has to do with ease of development, publishing costs, etc.

SSS

neo retired
Just like Raiden 3, this game was developed by Moss, not Seibu Kaihatsu. I'm not expecting much.

my sentiments exactly. I'd rather fire up my Raiden 2 pcb any day than the sluggish pos that was 3.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
This may or may not be the real reason, but I read an article a few months back about how the 360 is the hardcore gamers' system in Japan, and shmups are games targeted at hardcore gamers.

I'm sure it also has to do with ease of development, publishing costs, etc.

Sounds about right. Well about shooting games being hardcore games in Japan, I mean. From what I saw when I was there, that is definitely the case. Most regular stores that sell games don't sell shooting games. It was more like collector type shops that had any sort of selection for shooting games.

On topic, Raiden III wasn't all that great. I bought it before I knew about the bait and switch. Oh well.