RAGING STORM 2009!!!!! The SNK Major for Everyone!! April 17-19, 2009 ELP, Texas

Dark_Geese

Morden's Lackey
RAGING STORM 2009!!!!!!!!

Date: July 17-19, 2009.
Venue: TBA
Registration Fee: $10
Near Hotels: TBA

SNK/P major for EVERYONE!!! We don't wanna discriminate towards everyone. we want EVERYONE TO COME AND PARTICIPATE. sure we may have to kiss a little ass...but we kill em wit kindness and get them numbers up...

and that's all that matters!!!

Main event tournament games:

KOF 98 UM : $5
KOF 2k2 UM: $5
KOF XI (Getting a KOF XII machine is in the process for the venue!) :$5

***If KOFXII is in it will replace KOFXI and entry fee for that is $10!!!***

Not really main event, but pretty close games:

-Street Fighter 4 (PS3)
-Super Street Fighter 2 HD ReMix (PS3)
-Soul Calibur 4 (PS3)
-Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebelion (If we have arcade setup available)
-Guilty Gear Accent Core (PS2) "There will be a potential BlazeBlu Tournament, if we are able to get a BlazeBlu setup".

Side game tournaments (these games WILL BE RAN):
- KOF MIRA (PS2)
- Real Bout Fatal Fury 2
- Garou Mark of The Wolves
- World Heroes Perfect

These games are ONLY if we have enough time and interest:
- Fate Unlimited codes (PS2)
- NeoGeo Battle Coliseum (PS2)
- Samurai Showdown Tenka / Samurai Showdown 2 (whatever game has more votes...just post up if you want either game there. you may only choose one...lol)
- Virtua Fighter 5 (XBOX 360)

The first SNK Major for SNK Players!!!!! Why El Paso you might ask? International competition at our fingertips!!!!!!!

My sponsors are working on getting the KOFXII arcade cab to my venue in KOFXII..and I will have a bonus pot for the Declared Champion of KOFXII should the game get released and delivered in time!

Staff members:
-Dark Geese (of course)
-devildigimon
-djdelly
-Sazae
-Sanji Himura

And others soon to come to make this THE event for SNK/P fanatics! It is my goal to make this an international tournament that will rival EVO in the level of competition for SNK games in the United States.

-DG

Last edited:
S

Sanji Himura

In case you didn't catch it over at SRK, add me to staff DG.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Sounds awesome. Good luck with the event.

Come on, it's Raging.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Actually its Raising....Raging is the slang connotation.

"Actually," you are mistaken. "Raging" is the only transliteration of the katakana that actually makes any contextual sense, and if you try to claim the energy is "raising" into the air, it would be "rising." Raise is a transitive verb, and requires an object. As in, "raising the dead." An intransitive verb requires no object... as in, "hot air rises." The difference between an intransitive verb and a transitive makes all the difference in the world. So what makes more sense... Geese summoning a "raging storm" (a common and natural descriptive phrase) or "raising a storm," a peculiar idiom which one is unlikely to find in any particular English-speaking locale? "Raising hell," perhaps, or even "raising Cain," but not "raising (a) storm." He's not exactly doing a rain dance.

To wit: unless you know both English and Japanese as well as I, on top of being just as stubborn and self-assured as I (a mighty task, to be certain), then don't bother arguing. You're wrong. Yes, I am a complete asshole. I just also happen to have the irritating habit of being right.

Right now, for instance.

Dark_Geese

Morden's Lackey
"Actually," you are mistaken. "Raging" is the only transliteration of the katakana that actually makes any contextual sense, and if you try to claim the energy is "raising" into the air, it would be "rising." Raise is a transitive verb, and requires an object. As in, "raising the dead." An intransitive verb requires no object... as in, "hot air rises." The difference between an intransitive verb and a transitive makes all the difference in the world. So what makes more sense... Geese summoning a "raging storm" (a common and natural descriptive phrase) or "raising a storm," a peculiar idiom which one is unlikely to find in any particular English-speaking locale? "Raising hell," perhaps, or even "raising Cain," but not "raising (a) storm." He's not exactly doing a rain dance.

To wit: unless you know both English and Japanese as well as I, on top of being just as stubborn and self-assured as I (a mighty task, to be certain), then don't bother arguing. You're wrong. Yes, I am a complete asshole. I just also happen to have the irritating habit of being right.

Right now, for instance.

Though this may be correct, I am going by the actual name of the move in the manual guides..

It does not say Raging Storm..it says raising storm..and thus that is what I am goin by..and if that may not be correct then that's an error on SNK's part not mine..

So that is what I use.. And I won't change the name of my Major over something so miniscule as this either...

There's nothing to argue about that... :lol:

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Though this may be correct, I am going by the actual name of the move in the manual guides..

It does not say Raging Storm..it says raising storm..and thus that is what I am goin by..and if that may not be correct then that's an error on SNK's part not mine..

It's said "Raging Storm" in various games and instruction manuals too. Regardless, you're willing to take the word of a company who is known for some of the worst Engrish this side of "Dalk Fukt" Falcom?

What a nice person! You kindly give the palm to such a crock! But I'll be never beaten by anyone who lives in confort, like you. On the other hand... how weak you are! I might kill you as well as "tofu" with my sword!

No harm done, though. After all, as Sieger said, "Don't be hateful each other. Love is the best strength."

Dark_Geese

Morden's Lackey
It's said "Raging Storm" in various games and instruction manuals too. Regardless, you're willing to take the word of a company who is known for some of the worst Engrish this side of "Dalk Fukt" Falcom?

What a nice person! You kindly give the palm to such a crock! But I'll be never beaten by anyone who lives in confort, like you. On the other hand... how weak you are! I might kill you as well as "tofu" with my sword!

No harm done, though. After all, as Sieger said, "Don't be hateful each other. Love is the best strength."

I'll actually be talking to SNK/P myself actually about sponsorship for this event... and I'm making a DVD for it.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
I swore I'd stay away from El Paso after it left a such a bad impression on me(military overseas deployment training). But, I'll think about attending.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Sorry to start an argument :( I was just messin with ya.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the vids that will surely be posted!

Duck King

n00b
Hey I'm new around here :)

this sounds like a lot of fun :D
count me in!

will the main event games be running on cabinets?

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
sorry, as it stands right now, i can't be part of your event.

Call me