RAGE OF THE DRAGONS, GOOD OR BAD!

GEORGE

New Challenger
I HAVE HEARD, READ AND SEEN MANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS GAME, I FOR ONE THINK THIS WAS AN EXELLENT GAME AND DESERVES IT'S RESPECTS. THIS GAME HAS EXELLENT GAMEPLAY,GRAPHICS,SOUND AND SOME INNOVATION, THE COMBO JUGGLE SYSTEM IS GREAT AND GIVES THE GAME A MARVEL VS CAPCOM FEEL WITHOUT THE CHEAP STUFF, THIS IS ALSO SOMETHING NEVER SEEN ON ANY OTHER NEO GAME, IT ALSO HAS THE SIDE STEP MOVE WHICH THE KOF SERIES SHOULD HAVE IMPLEMENTED TOGETHER WITH THE FRONT AND BACK ROLL LIKE ROTD DID. buttrock

L

less than joseph

RAGE OF THE DRAGONS IS GOOD! JUST LIKE USING CAPS LOCK ALL THE TIME!

YEAH!!!

ROCK!

<small>[ February 20, 2003, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: joseph ]</small>

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Yeah please chill out with the caps. On the internet all caps denotes yelling. Unless you like to yell or something... In that case please do it outside so that the proper authorities can locate you.

Oh yeah, so RotD is a decent fighter... I had never played a fighter that was a tag team before, and I really liked it. The game is also enjoyable to a casual fighting game fan, with cool character designs, music, and good graphics for the Neo. I can see that hardcore fans might find a lot of issues with some of the gameplay though. It feels like you could easily exploit some aspects of the system if you were good enough.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
ROTD Rocks! buttrock Sure, it is flawed, and not very serious, but it is fun... and really that is all that counts!

-Nick

firebomber

Astra Superstar
I got the mvs a couple weeks ago and I've been having a lot of fun with it. It's refreshing to have a different style neo fighter to play. It's a blast to go at it with friends and see who can pull off the coolest looking combo.
It's got it's flaws, but it's still fun as hell to play.

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
yeah, it's a decent game... but shouldn't this be in general discussion? It isn't really news or rumour :p

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Kazuya_UK:
yeah, it's a decent game... but shouldn't this be in general discussion? It isn't really news or rumour :p
YES IT SHOULD LOLOLOLOL

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Yeah I like it too... don't think I like it enough to pay over $200 for it but it's still a fun game.

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
GEORGE:
Sorry bout that, Im new and didnt realize where I placed it.
Hehe, I wouldn't worry about it too much, although the mods will usually close an unrelated topic/move it to the proper place.

Anyways, there is a full in-depth review that I did of the game on my site, which you can find <a href="http://www.neogeoforlife.com/reviews/rage_of_the_dragons.shtml" target="_blank">here</a>. Hope that helps :)

slerch666

updyke,
ROTD is a fun game, with some big flaws (one of the cheapest bosses ever created would be a glaring problem, especially when he can grab you, WHILE FACING THE WRONG FUCKING DIRECTION!). Of course there are cheesy/easy ways to defeat Johann, so it's all good.

The graphics are pretty good, not the best, not the worst. Not worth $320, maybe $150.

mario

Quiz Detective
I'm sorry to disagree with everyone, but I thought ROTD was a poor game with bad gameplay.
Sorry Lads.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I gots to admit it looks really good. I was in Japan when the Rage of the Dragons was in the arcades, and I just went, drool, I have to play that, but being the poor student I am I didn't want to take the 100 yen plunge for each time I got my ass kicked. There are videos you can download from snkneogeousa and they look Gooooooood.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I like Rage of the Dragons as well,
very neat game.