R.I.P. Keystone Ice 1994-2021

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
If I drink light beer, it's still the classic local brand; not this stuff.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
PBR got too popular, had to go for something else.

Schlitz is alright though.

I pick Miller High Life if I drink cheap beer.

I knew you were a man of taste.

You can not go wrong drinking champagne and living the high life.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
They just don't feel the need to stock 25 different varieties of canned Detroit tap water.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
the market will crash on itself. There are too many craft breweries saturating beer with hops and fruit and thinking it's unique.... it's uniquely appalling. California thinks cramming as many hops as possible makes it better....it does not.

keystone was awful....but it wasn't trying to be something else...

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Do they still make Bud Ice? I remember getting drunk on that in the 90s at parties because that’s what they would get. Ice beers seem such a 90s thing to me, I’m surprised some have been around this long with all the options out there today.

Can’t say I have had anything labeled Bud in at least 10 years but I remember drinking this back then.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'll tell you country bumpkins what's fresh.

In the beachside city of Qingdao, they make the famous beer Tsingtao. On a hot summer day, aunties at little shops sell beer by the bag, straight from a tap.

You haven't lived until you've drank beer from a plastic bag through a straw wandering around the city.

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Man drinking stuff out of a bag sucks. It's super awkward and inconvenient but that's how they roll in lots of parts of Asia.

You ever try to set down a bag of liquid with a straw in it? It sucks.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Man drinking stuff out of a bag sucks. It's super awkward and inconvenient but that's how they roll in lots of parts of Asia.

You ever try to set down a bag of liquid with a straw in it? It sucks.
If only someone were to invent a slightly fluted, single open ended cylinder with a flat bottom that could keep liquid from migrating across surfaces.... 🤔

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
One day I'd love to drink Chibuku Shake Shake from a milk carton or chicha de jora from a chicheria with a red flag out front, they're probably both disgusting.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
the market will crash on itself. There are too many craft breweries saturating beer with hops and fruit and thinking it's unique.... it's uniquely appalling. California thinks cramming as many hops as possible makes it better....it does not.

keystone was awful....but it wasn't trying to be something else...
We've been hearing this for years. And maybe now, due to the pandemic, more tap rooms will finally close, along with dining halls, desert bars, and other things that were trendy before the pandemic. The breweries that can't transition to canning and be successful will struggle. But the market will support whatever it can support, so we'll see.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Icehouse and Keystone were staples back in college, but I haven't had one in about 20 years or so, at least that I can remember.

I was surprised to see High Life Light on that list. I never bothered because I like regular High Life, and it's already a light, smooth beer. I just never understood why they made a light version. To save like 20 calories or something? I guess most people felt the same way.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I thought Miller Lite was High Life Light.

Nah High Life Light is a different product.

Mostly this is just trimming SKUs but they have also expanded SKU portfolios in many other brands, like the recent seltzer craze. These sorts of brands are always in a rotation or cycle of things moving in and out of the total portfolio.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yeah I’m not up on the latest alcohol crazes. I know to shun those who drink White Claw but the last fad I remember was when “high gravity” was the rage and before that it was Energy Brews like Sparks.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Ironically I have been drinking a lot of the flavored seltzer waters to kick the soda habit.