R.I.P. Keystone Ice 1994-2021

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/m...-keystone-ice-and-high-life-light-11628005840

Molson Coors Beverage Co. is eliminating 11 “economy” brands and discontinuing about 100 SKUs (stock-keeping units) in an effort to streamline its U.S. portfolio and focus on higher-end brands in its lineup.

The eliminated brands are: Milwaukee’s Best Premium, Henry Weinhard’s Private Reserve, Keystone Ice, Hamm’s Special Light, Keylightful, Icehouse Edge, Magnum, Mickey’s Ice, High Life Light, Steel Reserve 211 and Olde English HG 8000.

Pretty much my beer of choice in my late teens and 20's. I'd get a 30 rack on Friday and it'd last me the whole weekend, good times.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Condolences to the family. If they set up a Gofundme please let us know. It would be nice to organise something for the kids for Christmas.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Condolences to the family. If they set up a Gofundme please let us know. It would be nice to organise something for the kids for Christmas.

Does Keith Stone look like a man with a sense of moral responsibility or even a legal obligation to his children?

55f0366de8350a2f9fe805844875835c.jpg

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Does Keith Stone look like a man with a sense of moral responsibility or even a legal obligation to his children?

55f0366de8350a2f9fe805844875835c.jpg
He looks like the type of guy who fucks your mom but you don’t have a major problem with.

lithy

20 Year Member
P.S. What the fuck is/was Keylightful?

Can't say I'll miss any of these brands, Natty Ice probably dominates Keystone Ice and the rest of these are malt liquor also rans as well.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I don’t think I knew a single person who drank Keystone anything.

I used to work at a gas station that you could get a 30 pack of Natty Light for like $10.

Bonkers.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I thought a rspper named Keystone Light died not the beer, lol

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I drank a lot of Steel Reezy in my broke fuck college days. It was awful but it was high grav malt liquor so you could get fucking rocked off two or three 24 oz cans.

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I honestly cant believe steel reserve and old english are getting axed. Now wtf are hobos supposed to drink here in VA? That pretty much leaves schlitz as the only choice for a 40 oz.

lithy

20 Year Member
I honestly cant believe steel reserve and old english are getting axed. Now wtf are hobos supposed to drink here in VA? That pretty much leaves schlitz as the only choice for a 40 oz.

The OE HG800 isn't the regular OE, so I believe OE 800 still exists.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I drank Natty Ice when i was 18 - 22. Also Genesee Cream Ale and Yuengling. But 30pk of Natty is what went in my fridge

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I would truly be sad if they dropped the actual OE 800.

Though I haven’t had one in probably over a decade myself and OE 800 are very good old friends.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I would truly be sad if they dropped the actual OE 800.

Though I haven’t had one in probably over a decade myself and OE 800 are very good old friends.
I have never seen 40oz bottles in Chicago. Or I'm not paying attention. Binny's doesnt have them for sale for delivery either. They are all in very tall cans now I guess which is (even more) terrible tasting . Would like to have a King Cobra or a Colt 45 again

Pimsbury

n00b
Fuck that beer! I have a friend that STILL drinks half of these and it blows my mind that a grown ass man still chooses that garbage over good stuff.

lithy

20 Year Member
I have never seen 40oz bottles in Chicago. Or I'm not paying attention. Binny's doesnt have them for sale for delivery either. They are all in very tall cans now I guess which is (even more) terrible tasting . Would like to have a King Cobra or a Colt 45 again

Used to be 40oz were not allowed in Florida. From a cursory internet search that appears to be true still. Used to be that growlers for beer could only be 32oz or 128oz instead of the 64oz standard and my understanding was because it fell under the same rules that prohibited 40oz, but they did change that.

Had to make a border run to Georgia for 40s, Edward 32 hands doesn't have the same ring to it.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Victoria Bitters is the best beer I’ve never had.

I fully expect to drink it and become a man.

Damn I’m working up a thirst.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I have a friend that's going to be upset about Hamm's Special LIght getting discontinued.

Good thing we still have Schlitz.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I do like Schlitz.

Can’t go wrong with just a kiss of the hops.

I went to a bar once in Arkansas that didn’t serve hard alcohol. I’m not sure if bars in that state have to maintain different license for beer and liquor. I didn’t ask.

I drank Schlitz from a can and they gave you the can already in a beer coozy.

It was a trip.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Lol, that's fantastic.

Before it closed a few years back, there was a high class burger restaurant that was all about uppity, trendy food, but made it a point to have Schlitz as their featured beer.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I wish I could find Hamm's in az.

And yes, Schlitz is great.

If we are talking malt liquor, gimme Colt 45, Old E or Mickey's.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Lol, that's fantastic.

Before it closed a few years back, there was a high class burger restaurant that was all about uppity, trendy food, but made it a point to have Schlitz as their featured beer.

Sounds like hipsters love of PBR. I just don’t care for PBR, their ribbon be damned.

Hamms has the best jingle of all time.

From the land of Sky-Blue Waters…

lithy

20 Year Member
PBR got too popular, had to go for something else.

Schlitz is alright though.

I pick Miller High Life if I drink cheap beer.