Quick question: If you play a green B board CPS2 game on a US A board will it ...

Change the language to English? For example, if I bought Zero 2 for my USA A board, would the game be in English with Evil Ryu in it? I ask because sometimes I come across the green B boards and would like to know whether or not it functions the same as a Neo-Geo.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
No, it will be in Japanese (unless it's been Phoenixed).

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
all green b boards play in japanese unless pheonixed.

Yes, and there's a few games that once Phoenixed the region can't be changed, Street Fighter Alpha/Zero 3 being one of them.

WilalvesBR

NEST Puppet
all green b boards play in japanese unless pheonixed.

Not entirely truth, in some places (Brazil, Mexico, etc) there are green B boards that were officially converted to their local region/language.

I have a green Marvel Super Heroes Vs Street Fighter B board that was officially converted to Brazil region (has english dip switch set up screen).

DSC05510-1.jpg

I also saw other green B boards like Street Fighter Zero 2, Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha, Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Marvel Super Heroes all officially converted. They have english dip switch set up screen and in game portuguese/english dialog texts (orange would be the correct color for those B boards).

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Yes, and there's a few games that once Phoenixed the region can't be changed, Street Fighter Alpha/Zero 3 being one of them.

I'll have to check again but I'm pretty sure my Alpha 3 can be changed. I've done it before to confirm that they changed E Honda's stage in the asia version. I know for certain that you cannot change SF Zero 2 Alpha because it will have graphical glitches. Also if you phoenix SFA2 you can't access Evil Ryu anymore...