Quick question about printing

TrailerTrash

Overtop Pathfinder
I sent BigBear a PM and he responded very quickly telling me to post my questions here (thanks :multi_co: )

I found a poster at arcadefylers.com that I would like to print out and hang above my little NG shrine in my room and with all the talk about Kinko's here I have a hunch that they would tell me to go fsck myself because of copyright BS! :shame:

Anyway someone I know :smirk: has access to a fast high quality company printer that is willing to print off a few things for me but this is where my problems come in. How the hell can I get the damn poster to fit on one page correctly?? I'v tried using a few picture programs and even MS word to get the picture full page but still no luck when I print out my own draft. I used the image size length (8 1/2" by 11") and even streching the damn thing.

Is there anyone who has experiance doing this or a template to help these come out correctly full page? I tried many, many times to print XB covers for my games but they never came out that good.

Also any reason why I would want to laminate these? I have heard others talk about laminating there custom printouts but it just wouldn't look right in my head.

If anyone cares the poster will be Fatal Fury

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Are those scans high quality enough?? Does'nt seem like it would be.
-BB

laurie

Zero's Tailor
If you use photoshop or illustraitor you can scale the image for the best fit on the paper without adjusting the proportions. Remember that a lot of printers cant print to the edge of the paper.

Neo Mike

Creative Moderator, Art Gallery Coordinator,
20 Year Member
I wouldnt try to print those... no way! They are 72 dpi, and I wouldnt print anythin unless it was 300 dpi minimum to keep the quality up.