quick CPS2 question...

evasyar

Genjuro's Frog,
what is approximate WEIGHT of CPS2 A+B boards sandwiched??? is it between 5 to 8 lbs??? thanks.

Last edited:

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Together, they are about 8lbs on average. The average B board weighs 4 1/2 lbs.

-B

evasyar

Genjuro's Frog,
hey billd thanks for the quick 411...

i knew this ikemori d00d (usc4259) is inflating the EMS rate. dood was charging 72$ on upto 4000grams (act. 3628.72 grams) EMS airmail when this site is only quoting 6800 yen for it.

wth? he thinks us buyers are incapable of looking stuff up? i wanna slap'im? :mad:

evasyar

Genjuro's Frog,
lachlan said:
When I sent one it was 3.2kg.

ohh WOW - that's only 3,200 grams, that site quotes for upto 3,500 grams for 6,100 JPY. so this dood's EMS Airmail rate is off. they should just be charging me $52 if at most $55, WTF?!?

i sensed that i am going to have problems with this dood... :annoyed:

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Hah thats where the "handeling" portion comes in on the Shipping and Handeling. You gotta be careful when ordering stuff from Asia, most sellers like to inflate the shipping price.

-B

evasyar

Genjuro's Frog,
billd420 said:
Hah thats where the "handeling" portion comes in on the Shipping and Handeling. You gotta be careful when ordering stuff from Asia, most sellers like to inflate the shipping price.

-B

well at the end the seller, Yoshihiko Ikemori, was flexible enough to compromise. from EMS Airmail that he rediculously quoted at 8,424.45 JPY, to my findings at 6,100 JPY, we arrive at 6,800 JPY (south of 60USD)...

he quoted on possible paypal CC fees of 4% plus he relayed some of the "variances" in JPY to USD conversion rates as root of the issue, but DAMN, inflation at 20 USD???

hey bill - your SSF2X buyer sure wanted that badly. three bids to secure so no room for snipes, sheesh! :emb:

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
evasyar said:
hey bill - your SSF2X buyer sure wanted that badly. three bids to secure so no room for snipes, sheesh! :emb:

Heh I sure hope the bids go high. The BIN price wasnt that much more than the opening bid. I wonder if he exceeded the BIN price, that would just be funny....

-B

evasyar

Genjuro's Frog,
billd420 said:
Heh I sure hope the bids go high. The BIN price wasnt that much more than the opening bid. I wonder if he exceeded the BIN price, that would just be funny....

-B

i know this would sound so vindictive and evil, but i was hoping the bid would go waay way south too, hell i was more than willing to BIN as i was viewing the description and pics, then when i F5 the page, it already had a cockroach bid on it and the fukking BIN is gone, WTF?!? and then not even an hour he had 3 bids on it.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Hangon, don't forget many countries work on volumetric weight and I can confirm that CPS-2 'b' boards (not 'a' board also) although weighing around 2kg will actually cost the 4kg or even 5kg price once packed based on Volumetric weight. This is certinally the case in Finland and I'm sure many other countries do the same when it comes to stuff going via Air.

Raz

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
A lot of the cost depends on your packing. If you're super efficient, like me, you can get a CPS2 game shipped for the price of a non-oversized package. However, if you use a gigantic box and way too much packing material, you'll pay double, if not tripple what you could have.

-B

evasyar

Genjuro's Frog,
RAZ - with all due respect, and not questioning your personal CPS2 packing experience, altho, even a 3 layer wraparound big bubble wrap and appropriate fitting dimensioned box should not add another 2kg to the mix.

at any rate, me and seller ended up splitting to the middle somewhat, mutually agreed on upto 4kg/6,800JPY (58$). he just invoiced at 60$ shipping and let it go.

coincidently i have to talk with you about "CPS2 Pheonix Edition" MOD most if not all incoming CPS-2s. I hope we can talk about it...

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
Yep around 8 lb like bill said but with bubble wrap and in a box it could weigh alittle less than 10 lb

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Hang on, I'm talking about volumetric weight and not actual weight. Most countries will charge you the volumetric weight once you get into parcel post / EMS if it calculates more exspensive than the actual weight. Let me show you...

I have a CPS2 board here that weights 1.6kg. That means the cheapest weight it can be sent as is 2kg (in finland at least). Now Look how the postoffice work out the volumetric weight. In Finland its H x W X x D * 250 to give the volumetric weight. A CPS2 PCB is 40cm x 27cm x 5cm so without packing thats .40x.27x.05x250 = 1.35kg. Now you add your packaging around, lets say that adds 2.5cm around all edges. Now we do the math again. .45x.32x.10x250 = 3.6 kg There you go, the post office is gonna charge you for a 4kg package regardless of the fact that is still actually weighs less than 2kg.

In finland at least the only way to get around the volumetric weight is to send it through letter post. The only downside is the complete package must weigh less than 2kg in phyical weight. Also there is no tracking with standard letterpost or insurance to many countries.

Raz

Last edited:

evasyar

Genjuro's Frog,
Razoola said:
I have a CPS2 board here that weights 1.6kg. That means the cheapest weight it can be sent as is 2kg (in finland at least). Now Look how the postoffice work out the volumetric weight. In Finland its H x W X x D * 250 to give the volumetric weight. A CPS2 PCB is 40cm x 27cm x 5cm so without packing thats .40x.27x.05x250 = 1.35kg. Now you add your packaging around, lets say that adds 2.5cm around all edges. Now we do the math again. .45x.32x.10x250 = 3.6 kg There you go, the post office is gonna charge you for a 4kg package regardless of the fact that is still actually weighs less than 2kg.

OK Raz - granted that this was, on face-value, a good volumetric calc on "reasonably" packaged CPS2 A+B, as it turns out, the seller was right on quote of 72.00USD (8100++JPY) for what looked like upto 6kg EMS Airmail Rate that this sound right to you as well?

to be honest, i never would have questioned this if the seller was up front instead of being vague about shipping from japan with CPS2 A+B. It would have helped with decision to bid if they at least put the weight of the item if they gonna offer the auction WORLDWIDE. unfortunately for me, this seller prolly had either "short-cut" the packaging **ohh gawd the horror on my CPS-2s** or opt for SAL or something like this for 7100 JPY shipping **ohh gawd the manhandling of package**.

lesson learned...i am crossing my fingers that the package would be undamaged or not lost in transit.

Raz - thx for indept 411 on volumetric treatment of shipping from international. so 4kg would be the weight of packaged CPS2 A board to expect from you then. i am planning on sending this board to you for pheonix mod once i get it and tested working 100%. thx again...

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Yea, I would say a CPS2 a+b well packed would be around 6kg volumetric weight, that sounds dead right to me (it would be that in Finland at least). Of course you could get the volumetric weight lower but run the risk of damage in transit. Thats one problem with CPS2 carts, they are just too dam big.

As for the CPS2 stuff I have sold in the past, if its under 2kg I always give the buyer the option of either letter post or parcel post (one takes volumetric weight, one does not). If the person is inside Europe they normally opt for letter post because the price difference is quite big. To the USA though it pays to pay the extra to get the tracking and such because the prices are closer together.

For the phoenix fixes, you only need to send the ROMs and not the entire 'b' board so there is not going to be large postal costs involved in getting the game phoenixed.

Raz