Questions about Hyper 64 (noobie)

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
I have a few questions over the hyper 64 (and bare with me, I am a noobie/newbie in regards to the hyper).

1) What are the main differences between Hyper rev 1 & rev 2?

2) Would it be posible to modify a supergun to suport a Hyper rev 1 with out destroying my supergun from working with regular jamma stuff?

3) If I got a Rev 1, Do they work just fine providing they have the additional cable for power?

4) What are the going prices for hyper boards & games?

5) Where is a good place to buy hyper games for cheap? I don't see that many on ebay.

6) How would you rank the games and are they Must own, decent or just crap?

I am big into naomi collections right now but my naomi stuff is pissing me off (i have a dead naomi 2 board). So I have been looking at getting a few other systems (non 2d except sf3 on cps3). I am getting a bloody roar/beastorizer board soon and been thinking about one more (either cps3 stuff, hyper 64 or G-net).

Mr-Megalo

Morden's Lackey
well, I opted for the easy option and got myself a Revision 2 motherboard with the japanese versions of FFWA, SS64 and SS642, its jamma/MVS switchable and doesnt require any additional re-wiring, I cant comment on the revision 1 boards coz I chose to avoid them. Oh yea, I got mine from vektorlogic just before he discovered a crate full of Buriki One's hence why I've only got the 3 games

Mr-Megalo

Morden's Lackey
I've never played Buriki One , but from what I've read on here it sounds like it would be worth having a look at if one comes up cheap enogh.

Jeffs doing a Rev 2 mobo and 4 Games (FFWA SS64, SS642 and B.One) for £200 + shipping and he's regularly listing them on eBay

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
little too much out of my price range. I have about $100 to work with (not including shipping cost).

Maybe should just get a soul edge insted. :(

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
You could get a rev. 1 board for CHEAP, and they are not that bad or as much trouble as you would think. 2 wires and its good to go, very easy. And if you are on a budget definitely the way to go. And YES, Buriki is that good. You can find a bare cart for under $100 if you look long enough.

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
pixeljunkie said:
You could get a rev. 1 board for CHEAP, and they are not that bad or as much trouble as you would think. 2 wires and its good to go, very easy. And if you are on a budget definitely the way to go. And YES, Buriki is that good. You can find a bare cart for under $100 if you look long enough.

How would you rate buriki with other fighters? like how is it vs Virtua fighter, tekken or Soul Calibur/Edge?

Also how is Fatal Fury: WA & SS 64 2: RW?

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Hard to compare those....I personally can't stand Virtua Fighter, but LOVE Soul Calibur. Its more of a UFC type grappling game. Its original control scheme is its charm. I always find myself going back to play this one...My faves on the system go

1. Warrior's Rage
2. Buriki
3. FFWA
4. SS64

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
pixeljunkie said:
Hard to compare those....I personally can't stand Virtua Fighter, but LOVE Soul Calibur. Its more of a UFC type grappling game. Its original control scheme is its charm. I always find myself going back to play this one...My faves on the system go

1. Warrior's Rage
2. Buriki
3. FFWA
4. SS64

So you saying I should get WR over Buriki if I had to choose between the two?

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
subbie said:
So you saying I should get WR over Buriki if I had to choose between the two?

Thats a toughie...I love both those games...if you want something more like Soul Edge style of fighting with weapons, etc...WR all the way, its a showcase title. But Buriki is damn fun and unique. So it may be a matter of taste. Watch some videos and decide

Warriors Rage

Buriki One

Few more vids on insertcredit

hope this helps

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
thanks,

buriki looks very interesting. I dont know why but Samuai Shodown 62 1 & 2 have not really excited me too much.

I am a SS fan though. I like all but 3 is my favorite. How does WR feel vs the ng SS games?

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
subbie said:
thanks,

buriki looks very interesting. I dont know why but Samuai Shodown 62 1 & 2 have not really excited me too much.

I am a SS fan though. I like all but 3 is my favorite. How does WR feel vs the ng SS games?

Actually its pretty similar, the speed feels the same to me as the NG games [which I thought the 3D one would feel slower, but it doesn't] Its 3D....so the art doesn't have the same punch to it as the 2D games...the BG's on WR are badass though and better than SS64. Its a great game all around....grafix sound, etc. But so is Buriki, hehehe so if you are a SS fan get WR, you'll dig it. If you wanna gamble and try something different, get Buriki.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
pixeljunkie said:

Yes..

And I have one listed too.(cheap).The box is not the greatest but the Motherboard is Brand New.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6124973714