Question: Will Goenitz be an overpowering sucker just like in 96???

Sticks

Super Spy Agent
Since Goenitz will appear in Svs.C will he be the even more overpowering than 96, Playmore will butcher him, or will he be the same???

<small>[ June 15, 2003, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: Sticks ]</small>

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
i dont think so.
one of my gripes about him was his dashing grab.
since theres no run he might not have that.
or maybe he will.
or maybe he ll just have his good old ai like in 96.
i m pretty puzzled about all the mid bosses they re
having in the game though.
i mean how many different tiered bosses do you need?

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94

Ukyo's Doctor
it's more than likely that he'll be watered down if he's just a sub boss, cos he'd be far too powerful.

(unless of course the final boss is SEVERELY difficult, in which case it would make sense to have a full powered Goenitz, if only to wet your appetite for the final battle)

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
GENOCIDE CUTTER '94:
it's more than likely that he'll be watered down if he's just a sub boss, cos he'd be far too powerful.

(unless of course the final boss is SEVERELY difficult, in which case it would make sense to have a full powered Goenitz, if only to wet your appetite for the final battle)
If that were so Shin Akuma would take half life in a Haduken and the rest in a Shoryuken. It'd be waaaayyy to beefy like Mecha Akuma from MVSF

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Actually, I didn't have much trouble kicking Mech Gouki's ass.

By the way, Rumor has it Goenitz is as strong as he was in KoF 96.
And he's obviously not the only strong mid boss, since no one could get past Dan either.

Sticks

Super Spy Agent
Stifu:
And he's obviously not the only strong mid boss, since no one could get past Dan either.
That would be interesting if Goenitz was left the same...and I got to admit, even time Dan is in a crossover game, he just gets stronger and stronger.

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94

Ukyo's Doctor
WOW, Dan is finally getting some respect, hopefully games makers will stop making him a joke character, cos dopey taunts & genal sillyness (autographs???) makes all the more painfull when he humiliates you.

And as for a full strength Goenitz... Hooraay!?!??... oh my god nooooo, not again...

(Is it just me or doe he say "smoke Cannabis" when he does that hand thing to you?)

As long as Goenitz needs to use a super bar to do DMs... then he'll be fine.

That was my only gripe about him in KOF96...

still, he's nowhere near as bad as that infinite-having Igniz...

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Goenitz was never a hard boss - never when you had to get past Chizuru to fight him. If you could beat Chizuru, you could easily beat Goenitz.

Now if Chizuru from 96 (not her 97~98 weaker versions) was in SvCC, I'd preorder 2 copies of hte game - one to keep, and one to destroy in frustration.

orochi_lubu

Sho's Rival
wow if dan has came in the same league as goenitz then i might have to take him alot more seriously annoyed

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Will Human Player be able to use Goenitz this time around is the question?? I know you could use him on the CD version of 96'.
I hope that he is presented as a character that has been balanced with the rest of the roster.
I really think his design is awsome so as long as the HUMAN player has the opportunity to control him I'm happy about his inclusion.
There is only one character I am wholeheartedly displeased with and that's Ms.Todoh<-No need to respond to this,nothing will change my mind...there are just sooo many others avaialable..why her?? Especially now that it appears Geese is in the game.
-BB

Rugal 3:16

Quiz Detective
Goenitz outside of his infinite super capability was never really a threat, even if used by human opponents, Krauser can easily cripple him.

I figure they're gonna make him better.. or else Sagat would have another Boss to crouch fierce (in this case Crouch C)

kshira

Crazed MVS Addict
Goenitz WILL be an overpowering sucker eek! by the looks of it and we wouldn't want it any other way...

Orochi_Flava

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Stifu:
Actually, I didn't have much trouble kicking Mech Gouki's ass.

I hope that Dan thing is true... he would be a lot funnier and more humiliating to opponents if he wasnt intentionally toned down...

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
from what I've heard Dan has a HaoH Shokoken (Ryo's special) that doesn't go any where like his Danuken BUT it does about 50%-75% if it hits. This is only from the word of mouth but if it's true HOLY CRAP!

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
OrochiEddie:
from what I've heard Dan has a HaoH Shokoken (Ryo's special) that doesn't go any where like his Danuken BUT it does about 50%-75% if it hits. This is only from the word of mouth but if it's true HOLY CRAP!
Like the one he has in Match of the Millennium eh? If it's the same it travels a bit, a little bit.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
bokmeow:
OrochiEddie:
Like the one he has in Match of the Millennium eh? If it's the same it travels a bit, a little bit.
yeah like that one. Granted this is only word of mouth but considering it was done the first time SNK made a VS game I think he's gonna have it again.