question from a newbie to the Ngpc ownerzzzz

buster_broon

The Rock,
right guys i recently took a dive into the hand held market with the Neo Geo Pocket Color

my question is this

i received the ngpc unboxed and i noticed on the right hand side there is a compartment for a battery (cr2032), now is that battery necessary??? or does it do the same job as the 2 aa batteries which are placed on the left hand side

the reason that i am asking is that i have received it without a battery in the right hand side and i am unsure (unboxed system) if you need the cr2032 to maybe manage an internal memory manager or something

thanks for your time frown

<small>[ February 13, 2003, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: buster_broon ]</small>

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
the reason that i am asking is that i have received it without a battery in the right hand side and i am unsure (unboxed system) if you need the cr2032 to maybe manage an internal memory manager or something
edit: meh.

<small>[ February 13, 2003, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: Average Joe ]</small>

Ahchay

Marked Wolf
The battery is used to store the internal NGPC settings (Date, Language and so on). You don't need it to use the system, but it will stop you having to go through the NGPC setup routine every time you change your batteries.

Cheers
Chris

buster_broon

The Rock,
so i guess it comes with the system when you buy it new????

the games seem to work great

Played Turfmasters but only for 10 minutes

i get that message when i turn the machine off

next question: can you buy those batteries out of any store or do they have to be snk products

sorry for the daft questions crying crying

S

snkneogeousaCTH

go to walmart/your uk equivalent and they should be there along w/ the watch batteries. they are about 2$ in stores

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
snkneogeousaCTH:
go to walmart/your uk equivalent and they should be there along w/ the watch batteries. they are about 2$ in stores
They're also the exact same batteries that are used in Dreamcast VMUs, as well as the internal battery for the Saturn, Dreamcast, and most modern PC motherboards. I've got about 10 extra that I keep around for that reason. :D

buster_broon

The Rock,
got one of those battieries today and it only cost £2-50

its done the trick - thanks everybody :D

Well, is strange because at this time, i play it whitout the CR2032 and the NGPC show me an advice like this: "subbattery system is down, please change the battery"

jeje, my NGPC is a bit crazy glee

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Mine doesnt have the battery either and it says "Sub Battery Dead. Memory Failure Imminent. Change Sub Battery." when you turn it on or off.

I have a question for you guys. The red light by the power button, is it supposed to just blink or stay a solid red? Is it blinking because there is not backup battery in it?

(fixed my sig)

<small>[ February 15, 2003, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Nesagwa ]</small>

buster_broon

The Rock,
Nesagwa:
I have a question for you guys. The red light by the power button, is it supposed to just blink or stay a solid red? Is it blinking because there is not backup battery in it?

(fixed my sig)
it should stay red - not blink

my light blinked before i replaced that battery

without the battery you lose all your settings and you cannot save games

like in turfmasters you can save after every shot, without that battery it doesnt give you the option