Question for Shawn regarding Strikers 1945 cart

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
i have 3 questions:

1. How the f*cking flapjacks does !Arcade! know how to make custom boards for home carts?

2. How is he making his own cart shell casings? He'd need a factory to do that, right?

3. Where is he getting Official SNK made cart cases? Is he using them from previous games or is he making SNK make them for him? I don't see how the latter is possible considering that they wouldn't just say "sure i'll rev up the old cart case maker and make cases especially for you!" even if they did get paid.

Now i'm not saying that this is a bad thing, or that it shouldn't be done, i think it's great that we're getting re-runs/first-time runs of games that are rare/not on homecart. I just question the resources used in the process...

So what's the answer, Shawn?

edit: changed 2 questions to 3.

[ May 28, 2001: Message edited by: NeoGML ]

cox_xoc

Mr. Big's Thug
I would also be very much interested in this process to Shawn. As I understand as of now, he is taking mvs chipsets and placing them on the custom homecart boards, right? But, how is he making the cases, did he make a mold or something? Thanks in advance.

Shawn

snkusa.com
1. How the f*cking flapjacks does !Arcade! know how to make custom boards for home carts?

How did they know how to make a converter that plays protected games?

2. How is he making his own cart shell casings?

If home carts are not to be sacrificed, naturally the cartridge shell casings must be produced. They could be outsourcing the production, or ordering them from SNK.

3. Where is he getting Official SNK made cart cases?

Again, if home carts are not to be sacrificed, naturally the cases must be produced. They could be outsourcing, or ordering them from SNK. I believe these are being made by SNK, because they are to be new, actual SNK cases.

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
I dunno but something seems fishy here. SNK just supplying them parts? I thought SNK was out of the home business and just focusing on arcade stuff. So where would these parts be coming from?

sonofx51

If you're even THINKING about TRADING with this us
Maybe he bought excess supplies SNK had before they stopped production.