Question about power

TrailerTrash

Overtop Pathfinder
Alright recently I just bought 2 new Neo Geo Pockets since I havn't had a handheld since the Sega Nomad, been wanting to get into the Neo scene for over a year (started playing KoF).

Anyway since I can't find any Neo Geo stuff anywhere at all or anyone who has even heard of it I was wondering if I could use a basic AC adapter to power my new NGPC? It may be a dumb question but I would hate to seriously fsck something up with the voltage, I'v had experiance with frying stuff.

I have 2 AC adapters that fit it but not sure which to plug in

1. Vtech phone power supply class 2
Input 117V 60Hz 4w
output DC 9V 200mA

2. 4 way plug (God's gift, I have 2 that power my NES and when I had my Sega CD)
Input AC 120v 60Hz 6w
Output DC 9v 300mA

Also does D-link EVER check his PM box?

****************EDIT****************************
I was just messing around with my freind Kirk's GBC and I swapped his rechargable batteries (AA) and I noticed that each one said 1.5 v which means-> AA batteries (2 x 1.5 = 3v!) so what does this mean class?

I answered my own question and glad I didn't plug that 9v in!

Mods do what you want with this topic, lock, delete, lock and use my foolsihness as a lesson!

Last edited:

Olly C

n00b
I bought and plugged in a 220v Gameboy Pocket adapter.. It does not work..

So I went to maplins and bought a battery recharger and 6 batteries for £11.99 :)

Thats better than an adapter?

Olly

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Neither of those 2 AC/DC adaptors you listed outputs the correct voltage. It needs to output a 3.15 V-0.15mA DC current. These AC adaptors are normally readily available, failing that you can purchase the official NGPC AC/DC adaptor from me.

TrailerTrash

Overtop Pathfinder
In reply to Olly C:
I went out and bought 12 Rayovac rechargable batteries cheap ($1 each) for my parents charger.

In reply to bokmeow:
If I could get a godamn job around here and open a debit card I would be buying off you people and ebay. I remember seeing someone else here who is selling official Sega Genesis Video cables for $5 when the only one I can find here is a 3rd party RF adapter for $10!!

Thanks for the reply's guys!