Question about Hong Kong GBA sellers

CapcomFanConverted

Galford's Armourer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are they pirates? Some are huge power sellers and I'm afraid of getting a pirated cart. Should I stick to US sellers just in case of any trouble?

ClassicMode1985

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I really think they are pirated, when i saw Harmony of Dissonance for $9.99, yet in the item detail it says "Will put the box unfolded for easy shipment" THAT was a dead give away imho

DaveGeorge

NEST Puppet
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Smells like pirates, you don't happen to have an auction link to show me more specific what seller it is?

I've dealt with several hong-kong dealers and I've received nothing but originals, but then again, I do avoid auctions that seems fishy.

Catman

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I think they are boots. I got the Rockman and Forte GBA game for 9.99 and when I got it the box is completely flat with no insides to hold the cart in place or the manual. Also, the box looked to be photocopied. The game works fine and looks like the real thing, but I'd bet a weeks wages that they're boots.

I'll live with a few boots but I'd rather have the real thing.

Good luck.

Kemps

Crossed Swords Squire
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Yeah, it's 99% certain that they're boots. I heard people buying one of these and the battery in games die out in days upon first use.

DaveGeorge

NEST Puppet
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Well, actually i've never bought a GBA game from HK, but I have bought some Mega CD and SFC games, and those were indeed the real deal. :buttrock: