Question about ems shipping and US customs

XRS

Crossed Swords Squire
I orderd somthing from japan and have been tracking it threw usps. The item has been in customs for almost a week. Is this normal or should I be getting worried?
I never ordered somthing from Japan before and was just wondering.

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
XRS said:
I orderd somthing from japan and have been tracking it threw usps. The item has been in customs for almost a week. Is this normal or should I be getting worried?
I never ordered somthing from Japan before and was just wondering.

No...you shouldn't get worried, just irritated. The seller may have not been specific enough on the description, and customs is holding it. Or...customs may be doing a random inspection, and unfortunately your package was possibly chosen.
They do it all the time. You can blame Osama Bin Laden. 9-11

If your package arrives with U.S. Customs packaging tape...then your package was opened and inspected. If not...then I have no other ideas.

XRS

Crossed Swords Squire
O ok. I just hope they are carefull if they are doing a inspection on it. I hate to get the item messed up or somthing. I guess it does not help that the item being shipped is a model gun lol.

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
XRS said:
O ok. I just hope they are carefull if they are doing a inspection on it. I hate to get the item messed up or somthing. I guess it does not help that the item being shipped is a model gun lol.

I was just about to ask what you had sent. You just answered your own question lol. Anything that remotely resenbles any type of major contraband (gun, knife, drugs and such) will automatically be flagged for checking. I knew a guy who owned an import store back in the day. He imported a bunch of Japanese Megatron transformers which transformed into the handgun. The figure came in the handgun configuration and customs almost didn't release the package because they thought he was importing a crate of handguns.

One thing to note. I hope this is not a piece which you are planning on keeping in the box. There is a chance (albeit a small one) that they might go so far as to take the the item out of the packaging to make sure it is not real.

Finally, I have never had a problem with US customs when sending stuff from Japan. It only takes about 3 or 4 days for items to ship from Tokyo/Osaka to NYC via EMS.

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Gun = :shame: Customs

Customs = :conf:

You = :oh_no:

Package arrives 2 weeks later = :D = you!

Last edited: