quake4 duel anyone (euros & on the pc that is?)

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
granted the game has shitty netcode, so if you wanna play post here :)

non-pb servers ipz I have a legit copy of q4 but it (pb) lagz ppl to hell and back again

p.s q4max that is.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Shitty netcode? Maybe you're just used to games that favor laggers. Quake 4's got some of the most advanced prediction and optimization out there. Proof? Check out QuakeWorld's, then Quake 2's, then Quake 3's. Extrapolate.

And if you don't mind playing someone in the US...

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
SpamYouToDeath said:
Shitty netcode? Maybe you're just used to games that favor laggers. Quake 4's got some of the most advanced prediction and optimization out there. Proof? Check out QuakeWorld's, then Quake 2's, then Quake 3's. Extrapolate.

And if you don't mind playing someone in the US...

No I am not and I can´t think of a game which would favor "laggers" , apart from "unlagged" mods for e.g q3, in which the prediction of shots etc... causes all kinds of haywire frags.

What I mean by good netcode is a decent playability on normal pings. Stock Q3 on the other hand is guilty of this and also OSP becomes a crapfest over 60ms.

The best netcode I´v e found is in q3 CPMa, I can play on e.g NYC servers with a 120ish ping and still be able to hit something.

q4wise:

Now I don´t know jack shit about the technical side, but test it for yourself,
play at a local server and then try one further away.

For example if I play on a estonian or swedish server, pinging round 9-10 and then switch to a e.g UK server round 40-50 it feels like I´m swimming in tar and I have a decent broadband connection which isn´t plagued by massive packeloss or something like that.

^And this is evident in most online cups we`ve had where there´s endless whine and delays in order to find a "most fair" server for players from e.g Sweden and the Netherlands, and many of these players are sponsored ones who have quite a lot of experience so I´d wager that it`s not all in my head.

While q4max is great feature & performancewise, the client prediction cvars just mess things up. Hoping that 1.4.2 will fix things (even with my nonexistent programming knowledge I´d wager that it would require a more thorough reworking in the sense that the modders aren´t privy to the source code on the whole) .

I haven´t played quakeworld nor q2 in ages, and in those times everybody had high ping. Funny coincidence, I just re-installed qw yesterday :D

Besides, with the new clients, quakeworld has come a long way netcodewise since netquake etc. try fuhquake, been playing some ffa & getting owned in duels :D

Theoretically we could try playing some time on an east coast server.

Last edited: