Purchasing AES carts from within Japan (specifically Osaka)

TheLastTrin

NEST Puppet
I've lived in the Kansai area of Japan for about a year now. Those who remember when I posted here about a year ago probably remember that I used to live in the Colorado area, and got my first AES when I visited Tokyo in 2005.

Well, things have changed, and I've moved to Osaka. I usually do my AES shopping in Nippombashi's Den Den Town. Specifically, I hit up Super Potato and Retro TV Game Revival, both of which have some dynamite deals on AES carts.

Are there are any tried and true stores in either Osaka or Kobe that you recommend using to buy AES carts? I find hole in the wall joints have the best prices.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
You probably already know this but check out Stores like GEOS and Cameleon's... especially the ones in the rural areas that don't pick up alot of business.

Robb

Crossed Swords Squire
Send some AES games to the US or Canada .... :(

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
I have to say, I was pretty disappointed with Den Den Town. Akihabara is still the best, and had more Neo games last time I was there.

You looking for anything in particular, Trin? There's a local shop here that often has all the best/rarest games in stock.

TheLastTrin

NEST Puppet
Christ, Lyte, is that you?! Haha, I had no idea you posted here. :lolz:

I still feel bad I missed you during Hanami.

On topic, I don't agree that akiba is better. The Super Potato in Den Den is far better than akiba's, and most of the stores that do carry PC Engine and AES have far far far better prices.

I actually realized recently that one of the Sofmap stores in Den Den carries AES carts, and the selection is not that bad. I'll have to check that out this golden week.

(btw, any chance you're going to be back in the area during golden week, Lyte? I'd love to meet up for a beer or two).