PULSTAR hi score, How? for Kiken

Gemant

Member,
pulstar japanese record is 6.694.510 from ELH-PACHI SENSEI player.

I don't know how is possible.

In a perfect play I can (for teory) perform max 1.600.000 with a double KO technique and with a special leeching technique in some stages.

but over 1.600.000 is impossibile.... for me exist other secret or bug to abtain for exemple 300.000 instead of 30.000 or similar....

KIKEN you have idea?

Last edited:

Kiken

Camel Slug
Gemant said:
pulstar japanese record is 6.694.510 from ELH-PACHI SENSEI player.

I don't know how is possible.

In a perfect play I can (for teory) perform max 1.600.000 with a double KO technique and with a special leeching technique in some stages.

but over 1.600.000 is impossibile.... for me exist other secret or bug to abtain for exemple 300.000 instead of 30.000 or similar....

KIKEN you have idea?

Well, over on the Shmups Forum we were discussing the feasability of dieing durring certain parts of a level and then coming back in to milk for more points. The difference of course is that you lose the 50,000 point bonus at the end of the level. However, this technique may yield points in much the same manner as the top players in Battle Garegga, where commiting suicide regularly is recommended to maintain the game rank (but so long as one scores well enough, you can gain a life for each one lost).

For example: The final boss is one section where one could milk for quite a considerable score. All three forms spit out tons of minor enemies that can be plowed with a charge-shot. I think if you kept purposely dieing at the third form, then coming back in and trying to simply milk everything over and over, you'd nail quite a score and would more than make up the 30,000 point difference for not getting the No Miss.

Then again, I don't remember there being a time limit of any sort at the bosses. Maybe ELH-Pachi is trying not to fire at the boss while killing all the little enemies that each of the bosses spew out. I know in level six I end up killing loads of those little green bugs before the boss dies... perhaps it is something along those lines.

I can only speculate since I haven't found any Japanese pages on high-scoring for the game. And again, this may be a case of arcade operators or magazines holding comps wiring up additional turbo-fire buttons to allow for excess milking.

As it stands, looking at my own attempts to life the game, my score looks like it would end up close to yours.

It's strange, but the only shmup I've played where I stumbled across the same patterns as the Japanese was for Sanvein. After having played the game a ton and beating it numerous times, I came across a Japanese fan-site for it stating optimal scorring paths. I was rather amazed that my paths through the game matched the Japanese ones almost perfectly... now if only I could find a high-score thread for it.

Gemant

Member,
ok, thanks for info.

I try with other way for find the secrets necessary...

maybe exist some japanese forum with info for Pulstar....