Pulstar and Blazing Star Controversy.........

dosdemon

Zero's Secretary
Nice Amiga collection, but you're missing some Psygnosis games ;)

I only want the good ones :D

EDIT: And yeah, half the fun of the Amiga comes from hooking it up to some really loud speakers, getting mad blunted and watching demos, or playing the halfassed games with really good music the developers made while they were blunted

Last edited:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I own a PAL A500 and Saint Dragon (in the MAX collection). I've played the whole game, on real hardware, recently. The controls are off as hell. Yes it's smooth for an Amiga action game but it's nothing like the arcade version. The PCE port isn't some stunning achievement but at least it doesn't have that euroshmup feel.

So tell me I'm talking out of my ass again?

The PC Engine is a disaster sound wise and slow as a pregnant cow. It feels yes, more towards the feel of the arcade version, but it looks like a freshened up 8-Bit game.
Damn... that sound... aargh

I'd still put my cash on the Amiga one. For an half-assed 3rd party shitty developer, it turned out very well.

dosdemon

Zero's Secretary
Those of use who grew up with actually good video game systems learned to deal with a little slowdown in our arcade ports

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Those of use who grew up with actually good video game systems learned to deal with a little slowdown in our arcade ports

I grew with them all. Your point? :)

Actually, I'm not complaining about slowdown at all. I'm bitching about the game pace.
It's sluggish. And that is undeniable.