PSP Star Soldier.

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
Ok, I got this game today.

I have a Jap unit and am on 1.0 firmware.

Believe me I am dying to play this game which is sitting and scowling at me now, but I am embarrassed to admit that I am enjoying my neo cd collection too much on it.

I only use my own cd's and whilst I cant seem to get the music playing on games (I can't rip one of the audio/data files in the music folder), that said it still feels awesome playing real bout / pulstar etc on the great screen.

So, ok the question that I need answered is ... does Star Soldier force a firmware update?

Is there a list somewhere of games that do?

Either way, I will update at some point in the future, just not when I am having so much fun with my handheld neo geo :)

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
You could posibly sell your 1.0, make some cash and get a unit that has 1.5 on it.

Star Soldier should only require 1.5.0 firmware. You can still play emulators on a 1.5.0 firmware (note 2.0, 1.5.2, & 1.5.1 will not run emulators, only 1.0 & 1.5).

Truthfuly tho 1.0 is still better then 1.5. I more recomend buying a 2nd psp.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
subbie said:
Truthfuly tho 1.0 is still better then 1.5. I more recomend buying a 2nd psp.
And that right there makes it completely unattractive to buy a second PSP. The main selling point is the ability to also do emulation and if you need two units it ruins the whole thing.

johnno15

Super Spy Agent
Just bang it in it will tell you if it requires a update and if it does it asks you to upgrade it DOESNT do it automatically

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
Just got it myself and it does require firmware upgrade to 1.50.

The game itself is cool - maybe a little easy (at least till level 5 which I 1CC and then died and used 4 continues... :( )

Playing while holding the PSP vertical is a little weird at first but easy to get used to once you have set the correct button layout.

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Still waiting for mine to get here from Play-Asia. Also waiting on Sengoku Cannon...

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
I thought PSPHacker was hosting a little app that gets around firmware updates.

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
D-Lite said:
And that right there makes it completely unattractive to buy a second PSP. The main selling point is the ability to also do emulation and if you need two units it ruins the whole thing.

Well it's different for me. I'm a code monkey so I have no problem keeping my 1.0 for programming and trying out homebrew software, and also owning another psp for playing newer games on.

:)

Buro Destruct said:
I thought PSPHacker was hosting a little app that gets around firmware updates.

Nope it was a load of crap but there has been a recent breakthough with a piece of software. They got 2 1.5 games running on a 1.0 unit.

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
bloodhokuto said:
Ok, I got this game today.

I have a Jap unit and am on 1.0 firmware.

Believe me I am dying to play this game which is sitting and scowling at me now, but I am embarrassed to admit that I am enjoying my neo cd collection too much on it.

I only use my own cd's and whilst I cant seem to get the music playing on games (I can't rip one of the audio/data files in the music folder), that said it still feels awesome playing real bout / pulstar etc on the great screen.

I have CD games working great with the music. Real Bout Special and Pulstar for example. Maybe I can help you - what exactly isn't working? And did you put the ripped MP3's in a folder names neocd.mp3 INSIDE the game's folder, kinda like this

-PSP
--Game
---NeoCD
----Pulstar
-----neocd.mp3

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
Thanks for the replies chaps, I guess I 'may' sacrifice the 1.0 firmware to play the game, although I must say buying another psp did cross my mind :)

Oh and @ Diggerman, I think I know what the problem is - I am using a mac and can just dump the data contents folder from my neo cd's into an appropriate folder that I then dump in to the psp 'GAME' folder.

However, I cannot access the first file on the music folder - I can extract all the tracks 2 - end and rip to mp3, but it's the first file that I cannot seem to replicate or rip.

I tried getting an ISO extractor app and now I have the whole music folder but cannot open the ISO file to get at the hidden file ... doh :oS

Star Soldier PSP... 4th ship?

Sorry to bump an older thread but it beats starting a new one for one silly question. Searched high and low, couldn't find anything. So...

Anybody here know how to get the 4th ship? I've beaten easy, norm, and hard, unlocked 2/3 of the items... what am I missing?

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
The PSP has to be upgraded with the firmware 1.5 to play newer US, UK and Japan games.?. :spock: :(

Shawn Carr2o said:
The PSP has to be upgraded with the firmware 1.5 to play newer US, UK and Japan games.?. :spock: :(

Wish I had an answer for you, I updated mine to 2.5, not really caring about emulator stuff. I was always under the impression that PSP could play all regions regardless.