PSP slim 2400 mAh batteries: Anyone here tried one yet?

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I was looking at one of these.

I understand hwo these things work. I've dealt with RC cars a good deal. When I bought higher mAh batteries my run time increased. I'm not sure of this brand of battery. It seems to be made specifically for the psp slim.

I'm just looking to see if anyone has tried one of these yet. It seems like a good idea without having the huge original battery sticking out of the back of the new psp slim.

Grimspoon

New Challenger
it's been my understanding that the off-brand (or fake) PSP batteries perform even worse than the standard 1800mAh Sony batteries.

I wouldn't bother.

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Grimspoon said:
it's been my understanding that the off-brand (or fake) PSP batteries perform even worse than the standard 1800mAh Sony batteries.

I wouldn't bother.

Good to know. The 1800 mAh batteries from sony are the fat ones. The slim batteries are 1200 mAh. I figured I'd ask because they were a higher mAh rating.

rockhoward

Crossed Swords Squire
I have 2600mAh battery by Joytron (Korean company that makes console accessories, slightly better than crap from no-brand chinese stuff or Madcats) for PSP fat and it did extend my play time about 30 minutes to an hour. However, when I plugged the battery to PSP slim, it refused to power up. It's true that old fat PSP batteries are kind of a tight fit for slim PSP but whatever I did, it didn't boot up. When I tried regular fat PSP battery, PSP slim booted right up.

So make sure the extended battery that you are looking at is compatible with PSP slim, or get the Sony branded extended battery.

Edit: Oh never mind. The ebay description says it works with PSP slim. Not that I really trust what ebay description says.

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
the upgraded sony batteries for the fat psp were great (owned one and sold tons of em to) can't wait for them to make one for the slim but I wouldn't do aftermarket unless it was proven to work and was really cheap