PS3 won't get online :(

recon_zero

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Ok I have a friend that is trying to get his triple online. He got online with the PS2 and 360 easily, but the ps3 gives him a DNS error

The ISP gives him a modem, and everytime he needs to get online he enters the username and password. PS2 and 360 were configured easily, but not the triple

Help?

I tried to see if this modem was a router, but it doesn't seem so.

The PC gives me a local range IP. is there a way I can find out about the DNS server? On the configurations is set to "obtain DNS servers automatically"

iamsengoku

Banned
I had trouble when I had a LinkSys Wireless-B Router, but once I bought my Wireless-G Router, I have not had an issue. My 360 and Wii worked perfect on the Wireless-B Router, but not the PS3. I would call his ISP and find out!

recon_zero

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Would using two ethertet cards on my pc be any different? You know, doing a direct connection to the ps3 using a crossed cable, and sharing the internet connection with it. It worked for my ps2.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I had the same problem with mine. If you don't have a certain signal strength, it will just take the shit on you. You have to be in the upper 80s to get it to connect... I'm assuming, of course, you're on a wireless connection.

recon_zero

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
No, was using using Ethernet

Installed the other Network card and shared the Internet one... Bam, instant online. CoD 3 is great online! :buttrock: