PS3 PES2008?

TrueTrials

Olly C,
15 Year Member
I don't think ANYONE can play this online because is so damned bugged/laggy..

If you by chance pick up FIFA 08 then hit me up for some Boro' - Bolton action ;)

Olly.

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
TrueTrials said:

If you by chance pick up FIFA 08 then hit me up for some Boro' - Bolton action ;)

Olly.

To be fair, I've played a few games online with other UK users and the lag hasn't been as bad as people have said.

Also, I've not experienced slowdown in the game.

The only thing I've noticed is the juddery replays.

Judge Dredd

Administrator
Staff member
TrueTrials said:

Olly.

FIFA IS LIKE PLAYING SOCCER UNDERWATER. AVOID

TonK

Least Valuable Player
TrueTrials said:

Olly.

We gotta play some bomberman!

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Superfamifreak said:
Anyone else playing this online?

Since Konami released a 2nd patch, I'm going to give it a try for the first time on Saturday. The 2nd patch is supposed to help people play it on a CRT TV, but some people in other forums have claimed to have had some improvement online.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
zapatistab said:
Since Konami released a 2nd patch, I'm going to give it a try for the first time on Saturday. The 2nd patch is supposed to help people play it on a CRT TV, but some people in other forums have claimed to have had some improvement online.

your best bet for competition is to find friends who play PES and play them head to head in 2 player mode. This online gaming is ok for games that demand less, but PES has a lot of shit going on, and a lot of broadband suppliers in the US seem to cap speeds below what you need for a decent game... Maybe your internet is fast, but the other guy is going to slow you down. It's a real pain.

Online sucks anyways - I played 4 online games, 3 people picked Barca, one picked AC Milan. I pick Lyon, but I don't want to always be playing against a powerhouse. Barca is undoubtedly the best team in the game. Play Masterleague and you'll understand as they own the player rankings with Victor V, Puyols, Messi, Ronaldinho, Henry, etc taking up the slots on the high rank stats.

zapatistab

wasabi said:
your best bet for competition is to find friends who play PES and play them head to head in 2 player mode. This online gaming is ok for games that demand less, but PES has a lot of shit going on, and a lot of broadband suppliers in the US seem to cap speeds below what you need for a decent game... Maybe your internet is fast, but the other guy is going to slow you down. It's a real pain.

Online sucks anyways - I played 4 online games, 3 people picked Barca, one picked AC Milan. I pick Lyon, but I don't want to always be playing against a powerhouse. Barca is undoubtedly the best team in the game. Play Masterleague and you'll understand as they own the player rankings with Victor V, Puyols, Messi, Ronaldinho, Henry, etc taking up the slots on the high rank stats.

I couldn't wait for Saturday, so I gave it a run last night. Very laggy and only half the time the game ran smoothly. I randomly selected Manchester City and of course the other person selected Manchester United. It was a good match, but I lost 2-1. I think he was shocked that I scored first. His second goal came out of no where. We were in the middle of the pitch, then all of of sudden the ball was in the back of my net. Rooney was no where near the ball, but he scored with Rooney. He tryed to run around the pitch with C. Ronaldo, but I figured out his habbits and shut him down each time. I had more fun defending his top players. He tryed everything. An advanced player probably would have crushed me.
I'll give it another try some day.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
zapatistab said:
I couldn't wait for Saturday, so I gave it a run last night. Very laggy and only half the time the game ran smoothly. I randomly selected Manchester City and of course the other person selected Manchester United. It was a good match, but I lost 2-1. I think he was shocked that I scored first. His second goal came out of no where. We were in the middle of the pitch, then all of of sudden the ball was in the back of my net. Rooney was no where near the ball, but he scored with Rooney. He tryed to run around the pitch with C. Ronaldo, but I figured out his habbits and shut him down each time. I had more fun defending his top players. He tryed everything. An advanced player probably would have crushed me.
I'll give it another try some day.

you've basically encountered the very reason I stopped playing online. Freak goals. The game is rubbish online. I don't mind the fact that people online constantly pick powerhouses. Man City is actually a good team, but it's not a powerhouse like Man U.

I suggest trying out Lyon. Free kicks with Juninho is great stuff. Also, a tip, use the long pass button to shoot free kicks on goal - not shoot. Juninho, Beckham, Nakamura, and Pirlo are the best free kick shooters, until you unlock classic netherlands. Romaal Kultal (Ron Koeman) is sick. Extremely high pass accuracy and pass speed - and he's a center back.

zapatistab

wasabi said:
you've basically encountered the very reason I stopped playing online. Freak goals. The game is rubbish online. I don't mind the fact that people online constantly pick powerhouses. Man City is actually a good team, but it's not a powerhouse like Man U.

I suggest trying out Lyon. Free kicks with Juninho is great stuff. Also, a tip, use the long pass button to shoot free kicks on goal - not shoot. Juninho, Beckham, Nakamura, and Pirlo are the best free kick shooters, until you unlock classic netherlands. Romaal Kultal (Ron Koeman) is sick. Extremely high pass accuracy and pass speed - and he's a center back.

Thanks for the tips.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I also have a really good option file in case you want all the corrected names and bundesliga.

zapatistab

wasabi said:
I also have a really good option file in case you want all the corrected names and bundesliga.

I've never tryed option files. Only read about them. Will I have to start my Master League all over again?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think the option file is separate from the ML data - but the names and stats will be adjusted during the next negotiating period or season - I think.

When I was doing ML, I unlocked some classic teams and the players didn't show up until the next season. But right now my ML team is in the 3rd season and in the mid season negotiation period I got some new prospects from unlocked classic teams...

zapatistab

wasabi said:
I think the option file is separate from the ML data - but the names and stats will be adjusted during the next negotiating period or season - I think.

When I was doing ML, I unlocked some classic teams and the players didn't show up until the next season. But right now my ML team is in the 3rd season and in the mid season negotiation period I got some new prospects from unlocked classic teams...

Thanks..does this option file also include the other options that are floating around the net. Like updated English league team names, and updated kits for the 4 major english teams?

Either way, if you don't mind can you P.M. the link to me.

Thanks.