But I Hate Waiting :mad_2:

tu connais l histoire de Paf le chien ?

Last edited:

Kristoff

Another Striker
Stephane said:
no game, probably tomorrow
:crying:

Gah, same here. From NCS "5:05PM EST: Brown has let us down. Based on recent tracking status, the misrouted packages will be delivered tomorrow morning.".

Yagami ordered his copy with overnight shipping and it looks like it's only going out today instead of yesterday. Blah, was totally looking forward to playing it tonight.

I've already started studying the move lists in anticipation and it's just making it worse! The game looks to have so much homage to it! Like Mr. Karate for example, he's based off of Ryo's Buriki style (I fucking love Buriki) and one of his supers actually uses the whole directional input chain from Buriki (if you haven't played it, Buriki uses the joysick directions for attacks) for all of the hits! It's fucking amazing, I can not wait. Fuck today, bring on tomorrow.

Speaking of the game though, what's the talk about the game have a delay with the special moves? Like you do the motion and the move takes an extra second to come out? Or like you have to buffer moves especially slow, but tight like in 2k3? Or something else?

laurie

Zero's Tailor
Been playing for a few hours and for the most part its very good,
Best bits;
All the sprites have been shaded to look consistent, they fit together better than snk vs capcom.
Some very good tunes and some nice backgrounds. Great opening art. Strange winning artwork, kind of like a mix between old school kof and modern kof.

Bad bits.
Loading is long. ( we know)
There seems to be a slight input lag.
sprites look very small, cant say if its the same as the AW.

Obviously some characters have new move sets, like Robert.
Others have been tweaked. Rock comes down very slowly from his rising tackle, And Kims qcfx2 + k now moves forward. Many others as well.

need to play a lot more.

Merry Christmas everyone.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
My copy also seems to be on the 1-day delay wagon. According to my shipping info

"Your item arrived in the United States at KENNEDY AMC at 10:53 pm on December 21, 2005."

So im guessing that given it is coming EMS it should arrive sometime early tomorrow morning. :mad_2: :very_ang: I want my game!

O.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
Does anyone know how to perform the super on the last page for most characters. Its usually a movement with the buttons Weak punch and CH??
For example Kaede Down, Down Weak punch and CH. What are the requirements for this move. CH is the change button right? But when I try the special for Kaede nothing happend.
Anyone care to explain?

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
O. Yashiro said:
My copy also seems to be on the 1-day delay wagon. According to my shipping info

"Your item arrived in the United States at KENNEDY AMC at 10:53 pm on December 21, 2005."

So im guessing that given it is coming EMS it should arrive sometime early tomorrow morning. :mad_2: :very_ang: I want my game!

O.

I just checked my package and yours is beating mine by one minute.
Your item arrived in the United States at KENNEDY AMC at 10:54 pm on December 21, 2005. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.
Oh well that sucks. Guess I'll go play 3rd strike or something till it gets here.

Broker Of Evil

New Challenger
MUSOLINI said:
Does anyone know how to perform the super on the last page for most characters. Its usually a movement with the buttons Weak punch and CH??
For example Kaede Down, Down Weak punch and CH. What are the requirements for this move. CH is the change button right? But when I try the special for Kaede nothing happend.
Anyone care to explain?
The CH is r1, or tag. [Change]
When the lifebar is flashing, you do it with certain characters [not sure, but I think it's their partner, and maybe some special team ups] and they will do their special team up attack. I have no idea on how to make the lifebar condition flash red. I should read an FAQ, but I'm leaving in like 4 mins. I'm sure plenty here have played the arcade, and they will answer below me?

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
MUSOLINI said:
Anyone care to explain?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/game/923901.html

- Using certain character combinations give you access to special versions of
the Double Assault.
- You will also need use a special move (or even have it hit) before you have
access to the Special Double Assault. There is also a time constraint: you
have about 10 seconds or so after using/hitting with the required move to
perform the move before you lose the opportunity to do so.
- Special Double Assault do more damage than a regular D-Assault and are
indicated by a gold startup flash instead of the regular blue version, as
well as a different startup attack (which still has almost no priority).

Here are the known combinations:

#. I haven't tried all the Special Double Assaults noted here, so I apologize
for any errors that may be present.

YUKI & AI
Yuki: Perform 3 different Memory Card Slash (d,d+any/Start) moves, then
motion qcf,hcb+AE before any of the Memory Card Slashes wear off.
* Yuki starts with a ground-launched Riding Hero.
* You can move around and attack with Atomic Guy, but the move ends if he
is hit, or after around 5 seconds.
Ai: Perform a Lightning Ball (ABC while on Joy Joy Balloon), then motion
qcb,qcb+CE.
* Ai starts by pulling out a gun similar to Marco's Heavy Machine gun, except
this needs to hit up close.

KYO & IORI
Kyo: Connect with new Dokugami chain (qcf+C,qcf+C,qcf+A,qcf+K,hcb+C), then
motion qcb,hcf+AE.
* Kyo starts with a dashing (D) Hikigane, which can combo from his Dokugami
chain.
Iori: Connect with his Ya Sakazuki DM (qcb,hcf+P), then motion qcf,qcf+CE.
* Iori starts with his LDM from KOF2003 (except this isn't an overhead). This
is probably the easiest Special D-Assault to connect with, since opponent
is unable to move.

KAEDE & MORIYA
Kaede: Super Cancel his Shinmei Renjin Zan (qcb+P) into d,d+AE.
* Kaede starts with a close C slash.
Moriya: Perform his Taitou Hogetsu (b,d,db+A/B/C), then motion f,hcf+CE.
* Moriya starts with his Ittou (df+A) slash.
* Good luck getting the Taitou Hogetsu to launch in the first place, as it
requires very strict motioning.

TERRY BOGARD & ROCK HOWARD
Terry: Perform a Charge Run (hcf+K) without the Charge Kick, then motion
b,f,f+AE anytime after.
* Terry starts with a Rising Upper, which has poor range, but comes out
pretty fast.
Rock: Perform a Rage Run: Type Shift (qcb+D) and successfully switch sides,
then motion b,d,db+CE anytime after.
* Rock starts with the (A) Rising Tackle, and all 3 hits must connect on
opponent on the ground for the rest of the move to launch. Despite the
animation, the move has no priority whatsoever.

HAOHMARU & GENJURO
Haohmaru: Activate the Ikari Bakuha (ABC), then motion df,df+AE.
* Haohmaru starts with his close C slash.
Genjuro: Activate the Ikari Bakuha (ABC), then motion f,b,f+CE.
* Genjuro starts with a far B slash.

MR. KARATE & ROBERT GARCIA
Mr. Karate: Connect a Tenchi Haoh Ken (qcf,qcf+P), then motion qcf,b,f+AE
anytime after.
* Mr. Karate starts by stepping forward with a punch (the 1st hit of his
Buryoko Ranbu minus the autoguard).
Robert: Connect a Hien Senpuu Kyaku Finisher (qcb+K 4 times, qcf+K), then
motion qcb,f,b+CE anytime after.
* Robert starts with his Ura Ken backfist.

HANZO & FUUMA
Hanzo: Connect with his C/D Ninpo Kohrin Kazan (qcb+any), then motion
f,d,df+AE anytime after.
* Hanzo starts with a close range knife slash.
Fuuma: Connect with his Satsu Chouken throw (hcb+P), then motion qcf,qcf+CE
anytime fter.
* Fuuma starts with a close range knife slash.

I'm not so sure about this one it looks good and all but SNK's recent fighters have been pretty stale

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
Nikolicious said:
I'm not so sure about this one it looks good and all but SNK's recent fighters have been pretty stale

No way; the move to Atomiswave completely revitalized their fighting games, IMO. Neowave rocked. NGBC rocks. SS Tenka rocks. And KOF XI is just awesome.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Lyte Edge said:
No way; the move to Atomiswave completely revitalized their fighting games, IMO. Neowave rocked. NGBC rocks. SS Tenka rocks. And KOF XI is just awesome.

Although Neowave was good, it was a small upgrade, or variation if you will, to 2K2. I prefer it over 2K2 as the better of the two as I like the 3 systems over the BC cancle system, imo, but its WAY far from revitalizing any sort of fighting system. SS Tenka and KOF 11 I've yet to play and prolly wont till I get the home releases since there are no good arcades left in Ohio. NGBC looks promising and much better than SvC as a crossover type game. We'll see how things pan out, but so far NGBC has me very excited to have stuck with SNK for over 15 years. Let's hope that isnt put to shame once I play it.

The move to Atomiswave didnt revitalize their fighting games per say, it gave them an opportunity to make detailed/high-res backgrounds with little improvement in gameplay. Not to trounce them for the huge strides they've made since SvC and moving to a more powerful platform...but there is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much untapped potential they arent even beginning to touch...and sadly, prolly never will.

dakingofzumunda

Robert Garcia's Butler
Grabbed my copy earlier today. Even got a NGBC 2006 calendar with it also. Good stuff.

Never playing the arcade version I didn't really know what to expect. All I knew going into it was, most of favorite SNK franchises were bundled up in one colossal fighting game. What a great idea I thought. Months of screenshots and videos kept me intrigued. Plus all the various Neo reports on here. An announced PStwo port sealed the deal. Now onto the game...

I'll be honest, my initial impression of it wasn't too good. I thought they could have done a much better job with the intro(visions of CFE started going threw my mind) If that was the case, I guess the same can be said about most of SNKPlaymore's games these days. Oh well.

I guess, I was waiting for something to shout out at me. Something to jumpstart the kewl factor of the game. I proceeded going into Arcade mode.

Same feelings came back when I got to the character select screen. The interface was nice and clean but the music quickly started bothering me. I soft reset the game and went back to options to change the original score, to the arranged soundtrack. Much better the second time around.

The first two characters I picked were Robert and Iori(yeah, KoF characters). First thing that caught my eye was the color combo that the triangle button gave me with Iori. It had him dressed in a purple long shirt colored in a black top and bottom. Plus, the addition of white hair. Looks really good. Brings the real Orochi Goth out of him.

Yes, there is quite a bit of loading before entering a fight. I won't get too much into it, since most of it has already been addressed.

Finally, getting a feel of the game I noticed a few things. One of which is when you press forward twice, it starts you off with a dash then goes into a run if you keep forward pressed down. I thought that was kind of neat for an SNK fighter. Another thing they do is after every fight is completed, they will ask you whether you want to take four battle options. I guess this leads into which boss you will encounter. I've been getting my @$$ handed to me by Shin Shishioh. Have yet to beat him.

I really like a lot of the graphical touches they've done to everybody. I can tell most of the characters have been given additional frames. Mai's stance should animate this way every year in KoF. My only real gripe goes back to the sound. I really despise the SVC sound effects in this game.

For example when Moriya does his Moon Blade attack, it should sound like it did in the Last Blade games. Not some stupid SVC splash. Don't even get me started with the announcer. I can tell they hired this guy for the US edition of SVC Chaos on Xbox. SNK please drop this guy and the whole, "No Escape," business at the beginning of every fight. Just sounds out of place.

I really think Genjyro should not be used in anymore of these SNK crossover games. His sprite just doesn't cut it when compared to the other Samurai fighters. Perhaps Galford or Hanzo would have been more reasonable choices. Either redraw him or animate him better. I also like how the screen doesn't zoom out when you do his rising cut super.

Overall, it's been a mixed bag experience my first day at it. I mean, I like the fighting system, graphics, some of the art style but dispise the sound effects. Hopefully, KoF XI has corrected this. I guess it's going to be one of those games that, the more I play it, the more i'll appreciate it. That's been the story of Neowave the last few months. I finally learned to appreciate a lot better. Here's hoping the game will grow on me.

Athlon64

Galford's Armourer
If the game has 3-d bg's do we have an option to switch back to the original 2-d bg's?

dakingofzumunda

Robert Garcia's Butler
Athlon64 said:
If the game has 3-d bg's do we have an option to switch back to the original 2-d bg's?

So far, i haven't seen too many of the 3-D backgrounds while playing the game. I remember seeing this one stage during Tag Battle where there are three dragons moving in the background. One of which starts coming at the characters. Kind of like a fly-by.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
fun game

but you have to be kidding me with these load times

I'm sorry

I can accept it in between matches

but not in between rounds

I need an HDloader (I'm sure they'll get it working with it sooner or later)

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
Okay guys, maybe I'm going crazy here, but...

I just picked up a second PS2 today. I got MGS3 Subsistence, and I can't play it online with my modded PS2, so I bought a brand new white slimline Japanese PS2. I just loaded up NGBC, and the load times are a bit shorter now! I counted 12 seconds for the match to load up. It took 15-19 seconds for a match to load up on my modded PS2.

Does anyone know if the newer slimline PS2 models have different lasers or something?

EDIT: FORGET ALL THAT!!! I figured out what it is: I had the music on normal instead of arrange, and it took 12 seconds to load the match. I changed the music to arrange, and it then took 17 seconds to load up. Can someone else try this out too?

Last edited:

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Lyte Edge said:
Okay guys, maybe I'm going crazy here, but...

I just picked up a second PS2 today. I got MGS3 Subsistence, and I can't play it online with my modded PS2, so I bought a brand new white slimline Japanese PS2. I just loaded up NGBC, and the load times are a bit shorter now! I counted 12 seconds for the match to load up. It took 15-19 seconds for a match to load up on my modded PS2.

Does anyone know if the newer slimline PS2 models have different lasers or something?

EDIT: FORGET ALL THAT!!! I figured out what it is: I had the music on normal instead of arrange, and it took 12 seconds to load the match. I changed the music to arrange, and it then took 17 seconds to load up. Can someone else try this out too?

Interesting. I have an original JPN PS2 and a new white slimline one. Will have to check that out. Have only been playing on the old machine so far.

As for the conversion, so far I am liking it. The sprites seem to stand out more than the arcade version, which looks weird at first, but now I guess I am used to it.

Loading is a pain but you get used to it. It doesn't load per round as such: it loads per tag team. In other words, beat the first team and it loads the next team. However, the music keeps playing (from the memory?) so at least that aspect is smooth. It is a drag at first but you get used to it.

Someone said that the loading is better in survival mode, but I don't see any difference personally.

*minor spoilers follow*

I beat arcade mode without continuing and unlocked Athena.

Played survival mode up until Shin Shishiou and unlocked Mizuchi.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
It doesn't load per round as such: it loads per tag team.

yeah, that's what I meant

I counted it as a round since the action doesn't really stop between one duo vs another

still sucks though

I'm sure they could've figured it out

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
roker said:
yeah, that's what I meant

I counted it as a round since the action doesn't really stop between one duo vs another

still sucks though

I'm sure they could've figured it out

Definitely, but you do get used to it. The load times no longer even bother me. Since it does load up the entire fight/round, at least the action is broken up, like the KOF games used to be when the next character loaded up on the Neo CD/Saturn/PSX back in the day.

Regardless, the bottom line is that there's no excuse for such long load times for a 2D fighter on a console system in this day and age.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Lyte Edge said:
Regardless, the bottom line is that there's no excuse for such long load times for a 2D fighter on a console system in this day and age.

I'm not so sure: the PS2 was never designed with 2D games in mind, and I am sure that if the PS2 could load up 3 tag teams at once then SNKP would have coded it to do so. Hell, even the arcade game had to load up the 3 tag teams, and that was cart based.

I'm no expert on the matter, but to load up the first three matches you are talking about all sprite data for 8 characters (your 2 characters plus 6 CPU opponents), which is a lot of data.

Either way, it doesn't bother me much, but would be nicer if it wasn't necessary.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
yo amano thanx for the explenation. ive played the game for a few rounds yesterday (the one askin you the question was my little brother). i didnt play enough to be a judge on the game, but the special moves have weird timing, like a little lag. and the consistency on which i nail the moves isnt as good as i would expect from my neo games (AOF 2 &ff3 not included). maybe my pad really has aged too much, these things just aint made for 2d fighters. their lifetime decreases at least twice as fast (talkin bout the ps2 pads). now i think ill trow in a few more rounds tonight and try what youve been explaining (didnt have a chance to read yet), if i can get my little brothers of the ps2 and their damn naruto.

p.s. so we got double assaults, dm's and tag attacks. personally i wouldnt have mind sdms'. and cant wait for kof Xl.

Last edited:

Dark_Geese

Morden's Lackey
Heres something corny-Loading gives you a chance to think how you are going to thrash your opponent.. :kekeke:

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Anybody else still havent received their game yet? My EMS tracking number says it got to my town at 11 am this morning but my mail already ran and still NO game goodness for me. :(

O.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
mine shipped yesterday as what Lik-Sang said it would. 1-3 days via UPS however UPS doesn't deliver on weekends so i'll prolly see it monday or Tuesday.