PS2 METAL SLUG 3 screenshots

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
IGN says that the PS2 port was superb with fast loadings.I might get that game today for my JPN PS2.

dhowerter

We are Tracking Youze!,
Um Metal SLug 3 was officially announced to be coming here (to the USA) in October and Metal Slug 4 after that. :-)

Course, I can't remeber the name of the company bringing it over here :-( Anyone else remember?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
looks like shit???

HOW??

its the same fucking thing.

what the hell are you people talking about.

hell, its fucking better. play as a soldier?? im fucking there

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
Kid Aphex:
chimpmeister:
Rade Kuruc:
Ok, anyone who complains about the pixels in a neo geo game is a fagbot. Part of the art that is the neo geo game is the way the pixels looks. I know, it sounds kind of strange, but it's the style, and why I love it so much.

Gotta love that irem look of Metal Slug. You cant acheive that in higher resolutions. You cant.

If you want higher rez, you know where to get it at.
Agreed, thank you for pointing that out.

And, to reinforce mookystains' question, are there any plans for this to come out in the U.S.? Don't tell me this will be a JPN only release, I'm so sick of seeing that happen with good games . . . :mad:
Probly;
That's why i finally invested in a jap ps2; on its way to my house now.

i figure with all the psone imports, and the upcoming R-Type, Dodonpachi, Akira PSYCHOBALL, MS3, KOF2000-2002, etc...I'll have a good time.
heh those are the exact games im going to get and reason im modding my ps2, nice 1.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
According to Ben Herman, this port will be making its way to the US in October, so those of us who don't want to invest in an imported or modded PS2 will just have to wait a little bit longer.

Anyways, from what I've been hearing, its the best port SNK/Playmore has done to date. Everything looks and sounds the way it should, extra stuff, and zilcho loading times. Love those high-res intro and config screens too.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Pep:
The game looks awful, looks like PSX
Well that's funny because they're EXACTLY the same graphics as the original version (no antialiasing, no edge enhacement, no stupid emulator FX)...

The only thing changed are the fonts which now are in Hi-res. All the other graphics are in Low Res except the options screen and the title screen...

So if this version looks like shit then the original looks like shit too :rolleyes:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Setsuna1982:
Pep:
The game looks awful, looks like PSX
Well that's funny because they're EXACTLY the same graphics as the original version (no antialiasing, no edge enhacement, no stupid emulator FX)...

The only thing changed are the fonts which now are in Hi-res. All the other graphics are in Low Res except the options screen and the title screen...

So if this version looks like shit then the original looks like shit too :rolleyes:
spock

prinsecharles

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
some fukka is already selling the iso burnt to cdr on e-bay uk <a href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3031816315&category=16157" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3031816315&category=16157</a>
do your work boys!!!

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Setsuna1982:
Pep
[qb] The game looks awful, looks like PSX
no scanlines + a different resolution = looks like shit. simple as that.

lol. low-res and hi-res mixed? again? :rolleyes:

sonic1687 what the hell are you people talking about.
aesthetics, maybe?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
why do you people even bother playing games, all they seem to do is piss you off if they dont look exactly how you want them...and i thought it was about the gameplay anyway?!?!

hell, youre all probably just mad for paying $300+ for the cart, i know i am to, but when something new comes along you embrace it, not shit on it.

then again, you arent the real gamers anyway, just neo fans.

It's a good port. The wife and I played all the way through it yesterday. People should quit complaining.

BTW, do you think the PS2 version won't have scanlines? That's kinda silly.

B

<small>[ June 22, 2003, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: brentsg ]</small>

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
brentsg do you think the PS2 version won't have scanlines? That's kinda silly.
well ... it's a higher resolution, isn't it?

@ sonic1687 :
first off : i don't own any version of metal slug 3, yet.

ms3 ps2 : prolly about $80 shipped
ms3 mvs cart : prolly about $100 shipped

i'd take the mvs cart ...

eh ... and btw : i dig the game cube versions of the bh games, so don't call me narrow minded or anything like that.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
ps2 ver has bonus features, for cheaper...why not?

but eh, i did pay $300 so im kinda mad, and i would be even more so if i had a ps2, so 'luckily' i dont.

although with all these great games coming out for ps2 in japan, it would make sense as a gamer to get one. just wish i had teh cash.

ThePunisher

SouthTown StreetSweeper
Fygee:
According to Ben Herman, this port will be making its way to the US in October, so those of us who don't want to invest in an imported or modded PS2 will just have to wait a little bit longer.
Great! Ill defenitly pick it up for those special features! wink

but eh, i did pay $300 so im kinda mad, and i would be even more so if i had a ps2, so 'luckily' i dont.
Maybe you shouldnt buy 300 dollar games if you just start to regret it once the port comes along. :rolleyes:

But I do agree with you that the port looks fine. It looks exactly the same. eye But whatever im only picking it up for the special features, I already paid 300 for the neo version and couldnt be happier. wink

Setsuna1982

World Her,
supergoose79:
Setsuna1982:
Pep
[qb] The game looks awful, looks like PSX
no scanlines + a different resolution = looks like shit. simple as that.
Well... tell me the diference between playing at 320x240 on a TV and playing at 640x480 with 2x scale...

Because it looks EXACTLY the same. You can count the pixels if you want... surprise! There are 320x240 blocks of 2x2 acting like pixels!

So IT'S the same. No edge enhacement, no scanlines and no shit. If you want scanlines then go play teh romz.

BTW reading that you shouldn't play NeoGeo because using a TV looks like shit (without scanlines...)

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Setsuna1982 Well... tell me the diference between playing at 320x240 on a TV and playing at 640x480 with 2x scale...
i've got mvs boards, a ngh & a dreamcast (amongst other systems) hooked up (rgb-scart cables) to my 28" sony trinitron tv. so ... don't even try to tell me about different resolutions & scanlines.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
sonic1687:

This is a really lame and stupid thing to say.
Neo-gamers are some of the most hard-core ive EVER seen. Have you seen some of the fighting game discussions on these boards? Jesus christ, I'm positive plenty of serious fans could wipe the floor with you.

If you're so upset with this sites majority...why don't you finally LEAVE?

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Kid Aphex:
sonic1687:

This is a really lame and stupid thing to say.
Neo-gamers are some of the most hard-core ive EVER seen. Have you seen some of the fighting game discussions on these boards? Jesus christ, I'm positive plenty of serious fans could wipe the floor with you.

If you're so upset with this sites majority...why don't you finally LEAVE?
<a href="http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~dash/board/" target="_blank">http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~dash/board/</a>

It's waiting for the Sonics
glee glee glee

<small>[ June 22, 2003, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: xtoo_short20x ]</small>

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Well, first of all I think that anybody who hasn't played both the Neo and PS2 version of the game, and is just judging by the screenshots, should just shut the fuck up.

I got the MVS of Ms3 last month, and I when I go back to Barcelona I'll download the ISOZZZ of the Ps2 version and compare. Then I'll say my opinion.

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
jesus christ what is the big problem here? the game looks just like it's neo counterpart,also bear in mind these are not the highest quality pics knocking around either. To say it looks like 'shit' is being a complete and utter neo-elitist wankstain.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Plisken jesus christ what is the big problem here?
they mixed low-res & hi-res. again ...

the game looks just like it's neo counterpart, ...
it looks quite similar, but not exactly the same.

also bear in mind these are not the highest quality pics knocking around either.
good enough to tell, that they mixed low-res with hi-res graphics ...

To say it looks like 'shit' is being a complete and utter neo-elitist wankstain.
not really ...