PS2 KOF' 2002 screens

gozu+mezu

Morden's Lackey
no 3d stages, but look at the selection screen.

kof2002_ps2_game5.gif
kof2002_ps2_game1.gif
kof2002_ps2_game2.gif
kof2002_ps2_game3.gif
kof2002_ps2_game4.gif
kof2002_ps2_game6.gif

Curt

apostate
Hmmm, I think those are clearly not being generated by the PS2, theyre probably just NGPC caps :loco:

Yamazaki_RJ

Overtop Pathfinder
They're using images from the DC port, I guess.

SNKP already confirmed 3D bgs.

Underdog

Camel Slug
gozu+mezu said:
kof2002_ps2_game3.gif
kof2002_ps2_game4.gif

I think those are the 3d stages. I'll check, but I don't think that looks anything like the DC port.

EDIT: There are people in the DC port, all five rounds. I can't speak for the original, but those screens definitely aren't from the DC port.

Last edited:

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
dragonwillow said:
Looks good IMO.
Strange, no graphical upgrades at all? :(
Hey as long as there is an option for arcade resolution I am down with this. It dosen't look like there is any transpariencies.. '00 was such a great port.

D

Devils Child

nice screenshots. to my eyes it looks as if it is turning out to be pretty high quality. i will definately be purchasing a PS2 in the near future, not for GTA: VC, but rather for the SNK ports. i just can't seem to get my fill of the neo-geo no matter what i try. collecting AES carts is the ultimate IMO, but i'll definately take ports on other systems, if only to support SNK-Playmore and encourage more releases in the future.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Please put ASTs in addition to the OSTs there and I'll be completely happy.

Yamazaki_RJ

Overtop Pathfinder
Re: Re: PS2 KOF' 2002 screens

Underdog said:
I think those are the 3d stages. I'll check, but I don't think that looks anything like the DC port.

EDIT: There are people in the DC port, all five rounds. I can't speak for the original, but those screens definitely aren't from the DC port.

You're right. These screens aren't the DC port, and the BGs seems different.

In the original, there are some chars in the open China stage, and more birds in Korea stage.

But the changes don't seem too effective... :(

Setsuna1982

World Her,
gozu+mezu said:

kof2002_ps2_game3.gif
kof2002_ps2_game4.gif

people. open your eyes.

just compare those two screenshots. Look at the wall. It have perspective. That stage is in 3D. so Confirmed.

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
Suprised so many want changes, I would prefer it as close to the original as possible. Im glad they are only giving the BGs somewhat of a "3D" treatment and the rest looks pretty OG.

Sasuke

n00b
Yeah those pics are definately new, don't look too bad infact. Too bad i wasn't a fan of the gameplay in 2k2.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
the projectiles seem nice and the sprites look smoother but, that could easily not be the case.

mookystains

Chairman Kaga sez, "Dakis-san's the one who's goin
wait...king? wasnt king not in 2k2? Or was that a previous KOF?

I could of swore.....

Spike23

Ninja Combat Warrior
mookystains said:
wait...king? wasnt king not in 2k2? Or was that a previous KOF?

I could of swore.....

King was in the Dreamcast import--she was more than likely carried over to the PS2 one.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I got the famitsu article right here... it says that it has Evil Iori (not positive on that one, the kanji is hard to read), King, Geese, Geonitz, and shingo in it, also it has 95 kusanagi in the screen shot. The backgrounds are definately 3d. Its coming out March 25th at 6800 yen.

Im gonna skip this release. If they put it out for xbox live it might be exciting. But we can play most of these guys in SvC.

DoNuT kInG

Quiz Detective
theyre 3D no doubt about it

look at the rocks in the cambodia stage and the water in the china stage

Sundance

Sho's Rival
Sasuke said:
Yeah those pics are definately new, don't look too bad infact. Too bad i wasn't a fan of the gameplay in 2k2.

You kiddn? KoF 2k2 will Pwn j00! Its the r0xx0rs...right up there w/ 98, almost. Rugals unfugn believeable too:buttrock:

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Looks nice. I really hope this comes out in the US though.

GAMEFAN

I apoligize if this has been discussed already, but I haven't been on the forums for awhile.
I heard that SNK/Playmore is having trouble getting some of the 2D ports past Sony. I heard Metal Slug specificially. Any ideas if this is the case for KOF 2k2 also?! Is that rumor even true?
I hope not. Playing 2k and 2k1 on the PS2 was great.

btw, if you have a second, check out my new site. Link is in the sig.