Promotion interview in a few hours

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Promotion interview in 3 hours...not nearly as nervous as the last time I went through this.

TBH, getting ready for this interview has actually been a fairly nice break from all the drama my boy has been putting me through lately...

Time to get dressed and go find a nice, quiet corner coffee shop in downtown Norfolk to go over a final prep review with a yummy caffenitated beverage.

Wish me luck guys...

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
Good luck! Don't forget to have a bit of a practice running through answers to questions you know they will ask.
The most annoying of which is always 'where do you see yourself in 10 years'.

Let us know how it goes. :)

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Thanks guys. Fortunately, the position is the same job I'm doing now but with a title and less OT to make the same amount of money at a new facility within our organization.

Interview will be limited to 45 minutes due to a family members death and funeral of one of the interviewers. I wish I knew which one so I could offer my condolences.

Found a Dunkin Doughnuts about 5 minutes from the facility, so time for some iced coffee and reviewing.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Just show up early, dress nice, shave...you'll get that bitch.

Done all except for the shave. Trimmed down the beard and stache a bit, couldn't take it off because the most important person on the interview team just had a long drawn out OSHA battle to allow facial hair...god bless her!

Interview went great, now the wait for the selection begins...should know by next Friday.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Thanks guys. Fortunately, the position is the same job I'm doing now but with a title and less OT to make the same amount of money at a new facility within our organization.

Interview will be limited to 45 minutes due to a family members death and funeral of one of the interviewers. I wish I knew which one so I could offer my condolences.

Found a Dunkin Doughnuts about 5 minutes from the facility, so time for some iced coffee and reviewing.

shoulda brought some doughnuts. everyone loves the guy who brings breakfast. fact.

aria

Former Moderator
I hope you knock it out of the park!

The most annoying of which is always 'where do you see yourself in 10 years'.

"Where do you see yourself in 10 years?"
:cool:
"Promoted."
YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAA

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
never heard of a promotion interview. how does that work? I get regular reviews you put some time in do good work and get promoted. But having to interview with what seems like a group of people for an interview that's strange.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
never heard of a promotion interview. how does that work? I get regular reviews you put some time in do good work and get promoted. But having to interview with what seems like a group of people for an interview that's strange.

We are a BIG organization with 1000 employees here spread over about 10 or so facilities. All promotions at any of our facilities are done from within and are open to all qualified employees throughout our organization. It's up to the "candidate" to sell themselves during their interview.

The job I put in for is not at the facility I currently work at and would officially put me into a management roll.

And by the way, it's more or less government work which explains why the procedures for advancement are as they are.

I love the organization I work for, feel we do a great service for the community, and couldn't imagine working anywhere else.

I felt great about the interview. I've been through 2 upgrades at different facilities and they are about to go through their own 100+million $ upgrade and want soneone in this position that has that experience.

Last edited:

aria

Former Moderator
I felt great about the interview. I've been through 2 upgrades at different facilities and they are about to go through their own 100+million $ upgrade and want soneone in this position that has that experience.

Let us know how it goes!

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
We are a BIG organization with 1000 employees here spread over about 10 or so facilities. All promotions at any of our facilities are done from within and are open to all qualified employees throughout our organization. It's up to the "candidate" to sell themselves during their interview.

The job I put in for is not at the facility I currently work at and would officially put me into a management roll.

And by the way, it's more or less government work which explains why the procedures for advancement are as they are.

I love the organization I work for, feel we do a great service for the community, and couldn't imagine working anywhere else.

It's the same thing where I work for the state.
Everyone who has the potential has the opportunity to apply for a mgmt position.
It's in the interest of fairness but is just another hurdle to go over.
Some times people you dont even want to apply for the position gets in
sometimes the person you wanted doesn't apply or doesn't meet hr's standards.
At any rate, good luck topher.
If you dont get the job we'll all storm the castle with torches and pitchforks.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
It's the same thing where I work for the state.
Everyone who has the potential has the opportunity to apply for a mgmt position.
It's in the interest of fairness but is just another hurdle to go over.
Some times people you dont even want to apply for the position gets in
sometimes the person you wanted doesn't apply or doesn't meet hr's standards.
At any rate, good luck topher.
If you dont get the job we'll all storm the castle with torches and pitchforks.

We'll Vancouver the fuck out of the place. Good luck dude!