Problem with 2nd player port on AES

DBS

Mega Shock!!
I have an AES system that does incorrectly reads the D button on the second player side. When I did the controller check (reset + 4 buttons on 2nd player side) it showed that the D button was On (verified by the #1). However, I was not pressing the button. It showed the D button as being on for every joystick I tested on the second player side.

When I play any game, I can't use the D button for player 2.

Is there any way I can fix this problem?

Thanks

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
Check the pins in the port, might be somethign wrong there.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Since the button does work it's quite obviously not the pins in the port. It's just the microswitch that can't be released. Open up the stick and reseat the button correctly on the microswitch. If it's the case do some cleaning too.

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
uhm.. he said it DOESN'T work, and that all sticks he tried have the prob.

open up the system, see if something's shorting out a pin around the ports.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Arakon said:
uhm.. he said it DOESN'T work, and that all sticks he tried have the prob.

open up the system, see if something's shorting out a pin around the ports.

Well, he says that "the D button was on, however I was not pressing the button".

This suggests that the microswitch is stuck and keeps closing the circuit. Of course it doesn't work in the games because you have to release the switch before being able to use it again. Note that with the buttons of an AES stick you can't hear the click that tells you if the microswitch is being pressed/released.

Just my 2 cents of course...

EDIT: ah, I missed that part wher he says all the sticks he tried had that problem...oh well, just open up everything and mess around with it:p

Last edited:

DBS

Mega Shock!!
I know for sure that the sticks work properly, so it has to be a problem with the console.

I'll open up the system today, and see if playing around with the ports, etc. fixes the problem.

Stay tuned

DBS

Mega Shock!!
I opened up the Neo, but I didn't know what to do. I really didn't see anything abnormal, and there really wasn't anything I could wiggle around.

Do you have any other suggestions?